OMC-(FORD)

BOAT

Cadet
HEY MY 1989 SLIPS WHEN I GIVE IT THE GAS.PUT ON NEW PROP AND STILL DOES THE SAME. I HEAR THIS A RUBBER BUSHING ON THE MOTOR THAT CAN CAUSE THIS ? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATFUL. ITS A 120HP FORD MOTOR AND AND A OMC COBRA REAR END THANKS BRUCE

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: OMC-(FORD)

I am going to have to research a little...<br /><br />I do not have an OMC SternDrive manual... garage sales were sold out!!!! LOL<br /><br />There is something they call a sliding clutch gear... but from the section "Drive Section" I am looking at... do not have break down of outdrive... so I couldn't say for sure... <br /><br />My only thought on what this "sliding clutch gear" does is couples drive shafts & gears together & absorbs shock between engaging forward/reverse...<br /><br />But "BUSHING"... quite unfamiliar with it plus limted knowledge on OMC SternDrive which I just found out via Web was purchased by Volvo-Penta... way back on the times, huh!!!<br /><br />I will keep searching... was the other prop "spun"... did you carry to prop repair shop???<br /><br />
confused.gif
<br /><br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep It Between The Bouys" & "Good Luck"!!!<br /><br />fone_man

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

You have a hubbed engine coulpler that is bolted to your flywheel that could be causing your problem.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hondon...<br /><br />Explain a litle more on the operation of this coupler that attaches to engine... where, when. etc....<br /><br />How is it designed, etc....<br /><br />Thanks... as you can teach an old dawg new tricks... also, the mechanical minded would like to know how it operates!!!<br /><br />
cool.gif
<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />"Keep It Between The Bouys" & "Good Luck"!!!<br /><br />fone_man