OMC Control Box Wiring

Skyhigh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an OMC control Box That Have 3 wires coming out to the console. I think 1 is for ground the other is 12v hot and 1 more. Is that last 1 for the tack. I put meter on it reads .07 but when I crack engine it jumps up...<br /><br />Should my accessories run to the battery or the control box, or is the control box just to power the gauges?<br /><br />Last question what is the knob just above the wires that run to the console?

CharlesW

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: OMC Control Box Wiring

My control box wiring terminated in a plug that the tach would plug into. Maybe that plug has been removed from yours.<br />The black knob on mine is to adjust the drag on the control lever to prevent throttle creep.<br />All my accessories are connected to a fused terminal block that I installed in the console. I ran a ground wire and a fused 12 volt power wire from the battery to that terminal block. Each accessory circuit is taken from a fused power source to the switch for the accessory and then to the accessory itself. You don't want a bunch of unfused hot wires strung around your boat. :) <br /><br />Charles