OMC Cobra Manual online/download

miles917

Seaman Apprentice
I've noticed a lot of links for Mercruiser manual downloads. Anyone know where I can download one for a 1988 OMC 4.3 Cobra??

Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: OMC Cobra Manual online/download

Nothing like that for OMC.

miles917

Seaman Apprentice

Why am I not suprised......Guess I'll look for a good ol' paper version online, anyone know who sells them?

Thanks

miles917

Seaman Apprentice

Found an 1988 Service Manual on eBay for a measley $100. Is this really the going rate or should I keep looking. I thought I heard $50 was about average.

Considering price....is the original service manual that much better that the Clymers I already have?

Thanks

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

In my opinion the original OMC factory manual is better than the Seloc or Clymers but that depends on how much work you are going to do yourself. If just tune ups and oil changes then the aftermarkets are fine. I believe that Selec offers an online version (but of course it's not free!) And yes for some reason the 1988 books seem to be much higher $$ than the 1987 or 1989?

miles917

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Bob. Doing just tune-ups and oil changes would take the fun out of owning a boat.

So far its still cheaper than going to school. Plus if I fail a test in this class I get to re-take it as many times as I wish to pay for it!