OMC Cobra flush options (in saltwater)

McKenzie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an bowrider w/ an OMC Cobra and finally got a slip. I'm trying to find an adapter that I can install in the engine bay that will allow me to hook up a garden hose and flush the engine at the dock/in the water. I came across Perko's FlushPro, but it appears to have a check valve. I'm worried that the pressure of the impeller in the drive will overcome the check valve and mix with the fresh water, thus defeating the purpose. On the other hand, If the check valve does hold, is it okay to have the impeller building pressure with no escape?

Go with the Perko or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks! McKenzie

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: OMC Cobra flush options (in saltwater)

Why dotn you just cut the feed line in two. then get two female hose adapters and a short male adapter. male on both sides. now when you want to flush the motor hook up the hose to the female adapter going to the motor then the other side of the hose coming from the outdrive jsut lenghten it with a piece of hose so it goes off the side of the boat. do your flushing then reconnect the female adapters with the short male ended adapters. Sort of a pain but it will work

As for the water supply line it doesnt build up a lot of pressure at idle. in fact you can stop it with pressing your thumb on the hose. there is a relief hole cut into the water pump housing. At least my OMC has one not sure abotu others.
Rob