omc auxillary motor bracket cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddfamily

Cadet
I have an OMC auxillary motor bracket [rated 15HP] for my 8hp kicker. The hydraulic cylinder lost its seal. I shelled out 150$ for a new cylinder. <br /><br />Even with the 75 lb kicker on the bracket, I need to sit on top of the kicker to get the bracket to compress. The parts salesman says this is normal and the I need to use the cylinder for 2 months before all of th seals and valves seat, then the bracket should raise and lower easily. Does this sound correct?<br /><br />I think they sold me the cylinder for the 40 HP model bracket. There are no part no. on the cylinder, but the box shows: Bombardier Evinrude/Johnson CYL AY -TILT AID 0173271. The cylinder is new, but looked like it was previously installed, thus the 50$ discount from list. <br /><br />FYI - I tried repairing, but I keep getting leaks around the shaft after ~ 1 month of use - nice try.

cddfamily

Cadet
Re: omc auxillary motor bracket cylinder

updating to see if any one can help track that part number. also the old cylinder was aluminum with one fill/relief port. The new one is painted white and has two fill/relief ports.<br /><br />thanks for any advice/help

cddfamily

Cadet
Re: omc auxillary motor bracket cylinder

Updating to see if I can get help on this part number or a telephone # for OMC where I can get them to confirm the wrong cylinder was sold. <br /><br />I think they sold me the cylinder for the 40 HP model bracket. There are no part no. on the cylinder, but the box shows: Bombardier Evinrude/Johnson CYL AY -TILT AID 0173271<br /><br />Thanks

John Ramsey

Recruit
Do you think the OMC auxiliary bracket rated for 15 hp will hold a 20 hp 2 stroke mercury? It seems to be the best bracket out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.