Older 5.0 Gamefisher

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice
Just picked a 5.0 Gamefisher air cooled motor. I can't find the model, but sure looks like it's from the 60's. Think I might of made a Boo-Boo in the fuel mix, I made it 25:1 and it seems to run ok. Just that I seen somewhere that some say it should be 50:1 Could someone tell me what I should use, thanks for any Info.

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Older 5.0 Gamefisher

It's ok guy's took her out on the lake, she runs great on the 25:1 mix. Guess it was a dum question to ask, just never had a motor from the 60's and I wasn't sure on the mix. Thanks anyway

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

recommended mix for pre 71 models is 16:1.<br /> May run fine an 25:1 but you may have a premature engine failure.

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice

Wow!!... Thanks for telling me about the 16:1 never heard that one. I'll make it 16:1 from now on. Your right my 25:1 might of made her sick. :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You need to use chain saw oil in aircooled 2 strokes, Bucksaw.<br /><br />TC-W3 is formulated for water cooled engines that run a good deal cooler than air cooled engines.<br /><br />I ruined a Poulan chainsaw learning that. :( <br /><br />Good luck. :)

stingerstang

Cadet

I have an 84/85 5hp Gamefisher motor, should I run chainsaw oil in it, or will it be ok with the outboard oil found in the marine sections of stores? The motor is air cooled, so I want to be sure I understood before switching...Thanks

bucksaw

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks JB for the Info on the chainsaw oil. I'll make sure I use that. I'll get rid of the batch I made with TCW. When I screw up a batch of home brew, I can at least still drink it myself.!!!