Old tricks, bar bets and other anomolies

RE: Kinda neat<br />Dunaruna, you are amazing. Have you heard the one about the three men sharing a room and when they split up the cost it always comes up with an exrta dollar. When the hand calculator first came out there was trick by which the answer when read backward read shelloil. How many other tricks does the group have up it sleeve?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Old tricks, bar bets and other anomolies

There was no extra dollar. Two dollars was counted twice and three dollars not counted.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

There was also a calculator trick about Dolly Parton that the answer ended up spelling BOOBLESS.<br /><br />Ken

Originally posted by JB:<br /> There was no extra dollar. Two dollars was counted twice and three dollars not counted.
Yes sir, that's the trick. Figures don't lie, but liers figure.<br />Naw, 8 is a far cry from B and the 2 would be in the wrong place, just wouldn't hang right.

Dunaruna

Admiral

When I was young, my father would amaze me with all sorts of mumbo jumbo mathematics. of course now I know it's simply algorithms and slight of hand. <br /><br />But it still works on my kids ;) <br /><br />Did you get the 'Grey elephant in Denmark'?<br /><br />Aldo

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> <br />But it still works on my kids ;) <br /><br />Did you get the 'Grey elephant in Denmark'?<br /><br />Aldo
I am not a kid anymore. ;) ;) <br />
Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> I don't know the movie, techno. To use a cricket term - that one went through to the keeper.<br /><br />Aldo
Or as the Yanks would say, "he threw you a curve"<br />If you have to explain a joke it takes a lot off of it, but essentially Bennet says to Bogie, I didn't that any civilised person would begrudge me a little water for coffee. Bogie says, "who's not civilized" and the decks Bennet. :D <br />Do you know the one about finding the number that some one is thinking of? Works on the same principle as the phone numberthingy. <br />Please call me Ray, Aldo. ;)

Boing, gonna try this once more. If it doesn't fly I will go take a barbituate. ;)