FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've ordered an updated Merc/Quicksilver 4000 Gen II #883710A03 to replace my busted (Throttle Only Button will not release back into either forward or reverse) throttle/shifter control...I need to get control cable lengths to order new Gen II cables...I'm leaning towards the Merc Platinums. My QUESTION is...What else must I or should I get while I'm at it. I'll try to mark and transfer connection setup to get it close...I've seen mention of maybe getting a harness extension which I think is legit...We'll see how brittle the old stuff is. Does anyone have a link to some good advice, etc.? Thanks for the help in advance!
Ok, how about a good place online to buy Gen II control cables for Mercruiser sterndrive? Stay w\ Merc (Platinum or Premium) or TeleFlex or ? I'll purchase the best ones available.