Old Honda BF75 (7.5hp) Outboard - Looking for fuel connector?

eleventh

Recruit
Hello,
I have an old Honda BF75 with one of those clip on fuel connectors. I bought an Attwood 8896LP6 (https://www.landmsupply.com/attwood-yamaha-mercury-force-honda-quick-connect-hose-fitting) fuel connector that said it's for older Hondas and it allllmost fits. It clips on securely but it feels like there's a little bit of wiggle room and so I can jiggle the connector just a bit and fuel squirts out of the connector because it's not entirely snug.

It feels like the "tube" on the connector (the female part) is just slightly too big for the male part of the engine so it wiggles. I read on here that Yamaha connectors fit, so even though the Atwood part said for yamaha/force/honda, I bought a pure Yamaha connector and it didn't fit either.... same problem.

Does anyone know which connector will definitely fit those old Honda BF75 outboards? Or know of a connector that is just the slightest bit smaller than the Atwood 8896LP6?

Thanks so much :)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I would install a Johnson / Evinrude fitting on the motor and on the hose.-----Cheaper easier to get quality parts.

eleventh

Recruit
I would install a Johnson / Evinrude fitting on the motor and on the hose.-----Cheaper easier to get quality parts.
Thanks. I'm not super inclined to do that right now because it seems complicated, but would be interested in learning more about how it's done. If it's easy I'll consider it. Thanks

flashback

Captain
I did this to the kicker 7.5 honda on a sailboat years ago. makes life alot easier, you can get replacements anywhere.

Jimbocky

Recruit
I think I have your answer eleventh. I have a Honda BF75L-1300600 range. The L won’t make a difference.
Fuel line connector NH1
Part number: 17650-922-003ZB

My local Honda dealer is useless on finding parts for this motor. After extensively searching I found these guys and they are awesome:

just find your serial number range. If the part is not available you can go to a newer year and find the diagram. Many times a part will fit. Especially if it is a gasket. Only thing I had to go aftermarket for was a carburetor.

Good luck.