OLD FUEL

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: OLD FUEL

Ah, Ya, thats a roger. Now, being from France, you may not understand that statement.<br /><br />What I mean is, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT RUNNING IT AT ALL, FOR ANY REASON IN ANYTHING! <br /><br />Guess that should be clear enough.<br /><br />Pour it on a terrorist and light it before he does the same to you. :eek:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

From Exxon.com:<br /><br />" <br />How long can gasoline be stored?<br />There is no single answer to the question of how long gasoline can be kept in storage, because the answer depends upon the conditions under which it is stored. Gasoline in storage can change in two primary ways. It can lose light ends (volatile components) and/or it can oxidize. In addition, gasolines blended with ethanol can absorb water and separate into a gasoline layer and another water/alcohol layer. <br /><br />Gasoline should generally be used within a month of purchase. When the engine will not be used for an extended period of time, the conservative approach is to drain the fuel tank and then run the engine until it stalls. If you choose to store gasoline, keep it in very nearly full (minimizing air contact) tightly sealed metal containers (minimizing the loss of light ends and the availability of humid air) in a cool environment (slowing down the rate of oxidation). Be sure to leave some room in the container to allow for some expansion. Under these conditions, the gasoline would be expected to remain of good quality for at least 6 months."

DAVID BRUCE

Cadet

Hi,<br />Thank you guys. I will empty and refill with new mixture. A slip of the hand between 2 jerry cans was the problem. Motor ran like an old lady crossing the road. Considering the work carried out to rebuild - I was rather upset.Now everything should be OK.<br />Nice boat Mark 42. I looked at the video and rebuild online, well done.<br /><br />Regards to all <br /><br />David

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the kind words Brucy! A can of carb cleaner in the gas tank might be a good idea to clean out any old varnish from the carbs. Just make sure the cleaner is compatable with your o/b.