Old Boater Collections

alldodge

Staff member
Was looking around my shop and noticed, man I've got a heck of a lot of boat stuff I've gathered over the years. The thing that caught my eye this morning was pops. I've got a bunch I/O and old OB ones. One of these days maybe my kids will sell them after I'm gone :censored: Cabintes full of some special tools and other stuff. Just amazing how much you gatter after so many years

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I recently threw out about $10k worth of old car parts when I emptied a storage unit.

motors, transmissions, radiators, body panels, lights, etc. all in great shape, however would take me a few years to sell or a few decades to use.

Still have props for a few outboards I no longer have.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I dread cleaning out my "accumulation" when it comes time to down side.

I have a ton of "good" stuff that only has value to someone with a need.

A lot of it will go straight to the dumpster and or scrap yard...not much demand for spare parts for 30 - 40 yro tractors and implements.

For some reason I have a collection of "Danforth anchors with chain" hanging on the wall in the barn. For some reason I kept the anchors when I sold the boats

FIL made furniture as a hobby. Have enough old oak, wide plank barn wood and hand hewn timbers to start a furniture company. Big bucks at current wood prices but know nothing about it.

My biggest concern is that the wife and kids will sell my fancy carbon fiber sticks and associated collectables for what I told them they cost...lol

alldodge

Staff member
I hear both you guys, all kinds of stuff

Took a dump truck load of steel a while back and that helped, but there is still so much

Bringing up wood, forgot about my other building. I have maybe 200 sum board feet of ruff cut 2x8 red oak been drying for years. There is some more stuff

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I've decided, and told the boy and my buddies, that once I'm done with my second boat project, that I'm going to sell virtually all my tools and supplies and pretty much empty out the garage.

The use the garage to park vehicles! What a concept! :cool:

flashback

Captain
Pack rats all of you! I been that way all my life, there is no cure until you cross the Styx and then, sadly, a library is burned..

I thank all here for the knowledge giving..

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Any Farmall 460 parts?

Good collection to have...
Mostly IH and New Holland.
The stuff was given to me for helping a neighbor with a divorce sale.

Weird stuff like a complete wiring harness, key switch, battery cables, boxes upon boxes of OEM packaged replacement hardware, fan belts, oil, air and hydraulic filters, a case of NH 134 hydraulic fluid, etc.

Its like anything he repaired or replaced he bought two…

alldodge

Staff member
Filters, oh that's something else. Everytime I buy something I get several oil filters. I have all kinds of filters for machines I no longer own. Use to use Fram filters on the boat many years ago. Got almost 2 cases of Pennzoil PZ3 (think that's the right number) which are made by Fram. There just sitting on the shelf because I won't use them

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
I dread cleaning out my "accumulation" when it comes time to down side.

I have a ton of "good" stuff that only has value to someone with a need.

A lot of it will go straight to the dumpster and or scrap yard...not much demand for spare parts for 30 - 40 yro tractors and implements.

For some reason I have a collection of "Danforth anchors with chain" hanging on the wall in the barn. For some reason I kept the anchors when I sold the boats

FIL made furniture as a hobby. Have enough old oak, wide plank barn wood and hand hewn timbers to start a furniture company. Big bucks at current wood prices but know nothing about it.

My biggest concern is that the wife and kids will sell my fancy carbon fiber sticks and associated collectables for what I told them they cost...lol
Actually there is a market for 30-40 year old tractor parts. If you can get the RFDTV channel, check out "Classic Tractor Fever". It is all about restoring old tractors and other equipment. They are always looking for parts.

Glenn

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
speaking of filters.....

anyone need filters and parts for a 1998 VW Jetta GLX or a 2003 Audi A4 Avant with a 3.0?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've decided, and told the boy and my buddies, that once I'm done with my second boat project, that I'm going to sell virtually all my tools and supplies and pretty much empty out the garage.

The use the garage to park vehicles! What a concept! :cool:
Just yesterday i just started building a cart to hold all my power tools like chops saw, tile saw, planer, table saw, etc so i can stack efficiently and roll in and out to use then when put back should leave enough space to get the wife's car back inside. THat is when i clear the floor of the rest of my crap.