old boat

Homerr

Commander
Re: old boat

Where ya at Buzz?<br /><br />A friend may be looking.<br /><br />What kind of shape is it in, Motor etc...?<br /><br />H.

LadyFish

Admiral

Thats a great first post Buzz. I'm sure you'll make friends quickly around here. ;) :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by buzzb:<br /> I'm trying to give away a 25'1975 Luhrs with no luck any ideas?
Yea where ya at, I will come get it if close enough.

NathanY

Commander

Originally posted by buzzb:<br /> I'm trying to give away a 25'1975 Luhrs with no luck any ideas?
Found this on another site by Buzz:<br /><br />I'm lost ,I am in the process of fixing up a 1975 Luhrs maroboro 25 '. It has a Ford 302 FWC, It is seized due to exhaust manifolds that froze and cracked allowing sea water to enter the two rear cyl. with major rust resulting. I believe it is a couter rotation motor because the firing order is different than a car motor. I have been told I can put in a standard rotation motor by either switching the linkage on the trans. or geting the oppisite rotation prop. Oh yea it has a 71 C Velvet Drive with 1:1 ratio.The prop. rotates counter clockwise looking at it from the back in foward. Why did they put a counter rotating motor in a boat with single engine. Any info.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Boats