Okay, just a short ebay rant...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
...about retaliatory feedback. <br /><br />[RANT]<br />I don't ebay that much so one negative takes me from 100% to 90%.<br /><br />It's of no real consequence just very, very annoying.<br /><br />Seller has a score nearly 11,000 with 99.8% pos.<br /><br />As always I paid via paypal immediately at end of auction.<br /><br />Got the shipping notice next day. <br /><br />Waited 11 business days before first inquiry. No response. <br /><br />Two days later inquired again. Seller response "let me get the tracking number." Last I heard from him until today.<br /><br />Two days later I inquired again. Next day initiated paypal claim, refunded day after that. Twenty days after payment.<br /><br />I left negative f/b, and the seller retaliated.<br /><br />And, the seller emailed me "Thanks for the negative feedback, enjoy yours. Ever check your spam filter?"<br /><br />Fact is, I do check it, I don't empty it, there's nothing there from Ozark Sports.<br /><br />I understand the guy lying on ebay, "I offered a replacement," but why lie to me privately when I know the truth. The seller did not even respond to the paypal claim, just let it go through in my favor.<br /><br />[/RANT]<br /><br />Thanks for listening.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Okay, just a short ebay rant...

I hope you left a rebuttal jtexas?

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am a seller on ebay and get alot of this stuff. <br />How long was it from purchase to you leaving feedback?

one more cast

Captain

I just got done dealing with a non paying bidder that said somebody got into her ebay account and was bidding on stuff. I did a search and funny thing is they only placed bids on my two chainsaws and nothing else. She would also not respond to my emails until ebay sent her a complaint notice. I left neutral feedback because just maybe she was telling the truth. Ya Right!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

It was about 20 days, reddog. Thing is, even if the guy did send mail that for whatever reason didn't reach me (although I got everything before & after), when I filed the "Item Not Received" claim I included chronologically what days I sent inquiries & what day I got a response. It's clear that I didn't get the mail he says he sent.<br /><br />The paypal claim has no entry from him. He just didn't respond. Had he written in about his "offer of replacement" I would have jumped on it then, cancelled the claim, called it a "misunderstanding," we coulda kissed & made up. I wanted a fishing rod, not my money back.<br /><br />Those claims aren't made public. We'd of had a happy ending.<br /><br />So, I did everything I should & got slammed because he's a bad sport.<br /><br />BTW, yeah boomyal, I rebutted his a**!

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I sell on eBay quite a bit and have dealt with negatives a few times myself. Frankly it is more how you respond than that you actually got a negative. They don't really amount to all that much. Retallitory feedback used to be removable, not anymore, but insulting, derogatory and or personal insults still are sometimes. Power Sellers seem to be protected at times, so some don't care. Have you ever noticed that most of them have near 100%?

Homerr

Commander

jtexas, go to Square trade: <br /><br /> http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/index.jsp <br /><br />Look for their 'dispute resolution' link on the right of the page. You can resolve you issues and get the feedback removed. <br /><br />If you can prove it was retaliatory feedback, then it will be a hands-down case. They should be able to remove the feedback. <br />I don't remember, but they may or may not charge you for this service.<br /><br />Seeing as the seller didn't give any fight to the refund, he may also simply agree to 'mutually withdraw' the feedback.<br /><br />Send Square trade ALL of your e-mails and chain of events that happened during the transaction.<br /><br />That's one thing EBay can greatly improve on.. their feedback system. A dirt bag can really do some damage for no reason.<br /><br /><br />Good luck,<br /><br />H.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Thanks Homerr, I'll give it a shot but I ain't agreeing to "mutually remove" anything. The guy farts around, doesn't resolve the problem when he had the chance, then sends me insulting emails after the fact. What a loser.<br /><br />What makes it so obviously retaliatory is that the comment says "...left bad F/B..." in other words he came right out and said he slapped me because I hurt his feelings.

Homerr

Commander

Just make sure and don't delete any e-mails you got from him.<br /><br />I hope your feedback for him isn't too 'hasty'... Not that it will hurt your position, but it's always best not to leave feedback too early (or not at all) in a dispute like this.<br /><br />The Wife went through something like this a few years ago, so I kinda know what to expect, etc...<br /><br /><br />H.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Bought an item from Ozark myself, sometime last fall. I remember waiting for days to get any response from him.<br />Weeks before I got the lures.

D

DJ

People are people. Most are honest, but that is changing. <br /><br />There are dirtbags (snakes) in every woodpile.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jtexas - my advice to you in the future is to request his contact info and give him a call .Its the best way to resolve any problem.<br /><br />MG -The reason powersellers have at or near 100% feedback is because the have to maintain a high percentage or they lose the powerseller name.