OK New VRO but .........

ehaskins

Cadet
Ok all,<br /><br /> I put new VRO in and wired up purple to cdi box terminal strip. Someone said to run a tank of 50:1 premix to test no oil. Well it doesnt sound. Fuel restriction and low oil in tank sound fine. Did I screw up because I did hook up oil line before I was told this<br /><br />Eric

ob

Admiral
Re: OK New VRO but .........

If your motor came originally with 3 wire vro the 4 wire harness with the purple wire will not adapt to your alarm controls because the later four wire was a design change aimed at allieviating false alarms that were frequent on some early model 3 wire systems.the extra wire should probably be omitted if your hooking a 4 wire to what was previously a 3 wire since your alarm controls are not the same.dealer should have given you the 3 wire since they are still available.

ehaskins

Cadet
Re: OK New VRO but .........

Weird because all that 4th wire goes to is 12v switched source all other components are the same?? This came from OMC. I was trying to trigger no oil alarm but I had hooked oil line up before I found this test. I unhooked and ran motor on premix @ 1500rpm for about 5 mins and alarm finally sounded. I guess some oil was in pump and took a bit for it to run out<br /><br />Eric