Ok im getting frustrated 85 hp no spark on#3cylinder and now #1

timmydoodle

Seaman Apprentice
ok i started out with no spark on #3 cylinder with a 85 hp force 1988 858f8b so i checked all grounds cleaned them checked all wires for breakage everythings ok . So i pulled the flywheel cleaned the stator a little rust there but clean now. cleaned the magnet and took it off marked where it was from factory. put it back on flywheel. then switched all 3 coils all are good. I have been reading on here different threads. so i checked the wiring on both boards on each side of the motor. everything is good there. then i decided to change the cd modules around ahh huuh then i didnt have spark on #1 So i called presolite and told them everything and they told me it was more than likely the on cd module which would be the one twards the rear of the motor .. So i ordered one and it came and still no spark on #1 made sure check and recheck wiring. IM STUMMPED......... PLEASE HELP

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Ok im getting frustrated 85 hp no spark on#3cylinder and now #1

You may have changed a good one for a good one and left the bad one in place.

timmydoodle

Seaman Apprentice

You may have changed a good one for a good one and left the bad one in place.

you know what thanks cause well dont tell my wife but well im not perfect lol i will let you know ....................:)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

outboardignition . com cdielectronics . com Have test results for these motors.
Before you buy do the test's.
E-bay is a LOT cheaper.So am I