ok, here she is...my Ruger 357

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: ok, here she is...my Ruger 357

Nice!!! Very nice!!! Looks a lot like the S&W I used to have...what a fine gun!!!

KaGee

Admiral

Looks like a piece from the old west days. Better be a good boy SW!

ndemge

Commander

Oh wow that's pretty! Hey Mr. S... Did you get enough for all of us?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Nice. Nothing like that new gun smell...Now go run some rounds through that bad lad... :)

NathanY

Commander

Now all you need is the ivory grips. :)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

ya know OBJ, I'm not really into firearms myself, but I do enjoy those sweet lookin' ones. It is just a plus that she fires like a dream. I have a 9mm that's my home defence for when the ol' man is MIA. <br /><br />I think I really started wanting one of these when I fell in love with Clint Eastwood as a kid. He was just the coolest with the sweetest side-pieces. <br /><br />Now that I have the .357, I'm satisfied! Nothing better than a happy woman!! :D :D ;)

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

oh, by the way, I do think I'm gonna have to cut about 3-3 1/2 inches from the barrel to get it outta the holster while I'm wearing it. :D :D

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

6 1/2 ..... what do you mean New model? I am not up on the in and outs of the different models, so maybe you can help me out. Is there something specific I should look for on the gun?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Are ya' gonna file the front site down or just cut the muzzle down so ya' can clear leather faster???...... :D <br /><br />Just kiddin' mam'....looks like a nice piece. Not into firearms but I do like the looks of a nice pistol and I like yours.... :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

New model=safer model. Some years back, Ruger slightly changed the design to incorporate a safety transfer bar. Whereas before you could not leave the hammer down on a loaded chamber, now the trigger has to be fully depressed for the hammer to contact the firing pin. There were also some small differences in the number of screws in the side plates of the gun.<br /><br />Ruger will retrofit all 'old' (original) models, with the safety transfer bar, free of charge. It is not necessary to machine modify the gun to do so. They will return all original parts with your 'safetyized' gun.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never fear One More Cast.....SW says he's gonna take that picture...who knows where it will end up?? :D :D ;) <br /><br />After looking at it, I found the 'safety bar' that moves over the firing pin. I'm assuming that is what you are speaking of. how would you tell if the gun was modified? I'd like to be able to tell how old it is .... or is not.

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice looking Single Action New model Blackhawk. Is she a 5 1/2" or 6 1/2" bbl. ?<br />Ray

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Mrs Soulwinner,<br /> Yea it's a new 2-screw model=safer. Old models had 3 screws in the side of the frame rather than 2. Now I'd like to see you in a video wearing that gun, eatin a Hardees Western Bacon Thickburger, ridin' a mechanical bull. Any chance of that?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Mrs Soulwinner:<br /> Never fear One More Cast.....SW says he's gonna take that picture...who knows where it will end up?? :D :D ;) <br /><br />After looking at it, I found the 'safety bar' that moves over the firing pin. I'm assuming that is what you are speaking of. how would you tell if the gun was modified? I'd like to be able to tell how old it is .... or is not.
Ms. SW, check out the info at the bottom of this page; http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/SE-H-P-P95.html <br /><br />As for the picture, I assume it would be in the nature of a G Gordon Liddy Stacked and Packed Calender picture, hmmmm?? :D

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

BoatBuoy, I'm not even sure where exactly I would find that mechanical bull....and hey, around here, anything's possible!! ;) :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's puurrddyy!! :) <br />Bassy

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mrs. SW,<br />I have a Ruger .357 just like yours with the 4-5/8" barrel. These are great guns. I tinkered for a while as a wannabe gunsmith. I lightened my trigger pull to 2-1/2 lbs! Have fun! Hmmmm mechanical bull :)