Oil Vacuum issue on 225 EFI

ebird99

Seaman Apprentice
My buddy is having problems with his oil system on a Mecury 225 EFI Y2000. The engine compartment resovoir is not drawing oil from the main tank on 1 of the 2 motors. When applying a vacuum pump to the line leading to the main tank we noticed the brass fitting under the resovoir tank allowed air to enter the system trough the open end of the fitting, which we assumed was the problem. Can anyone confirm that the fitting (assumed to be some kind of "vacuum relief valve") needs to be replaced, or is air suppose to enter from the open end?

ebird99

rabeck5792

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Oil Vacuum issue on 225 EFI

the oil gets to the motor reservior by pressurizing the boat mounted reservior with crankcase pressure for the motor.there is a 2psi check valve on the oil hose going to the top of the motor reservior.not sure what fitting you are talking about,& never checked one with vacuum.usually problem is boat res. is not sealed at filler cap oring or the other cap oring .

jfuentes1015

Recruit
Re: Oil Vacuum issue on 225 EFI

I own a 1998 225 Mercury EFI, the oil does not reach the reservoir, I had already changed the fitting (check valve) underneath the reservoir, hoses are new, everything is tightly closed, check the air hose and is blowing air, but the oil still does not reach the reservoir. Any suggestions?????