Oil reservoir Leak

oldfart

Cadet
I have posted on 11/19/04 regarding my reservoir leak. I have a 95' 350 V8 Alpha 2. I'm leaking oil from the drive unit reservoir into the bildge. I don't have a problem with the engine or the power steering as far as any leaks. The outdrive has been pressure tested and is ok. The reservoir tank and hose is not leaking but I can't see where the other end of the hose is connected. I have a Clymers book and there is no mention of the reservoir other than relating to the series connection to the Water temp. and Oil press. alarm. Page 689. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Oil reservoir Leak

Clymers manuals are good for starting fires in a fireplace.<br />If you want a manual for your outdrive or engine you need to use the serial numbers from each at this site.<br /> Mercruiser Manuals <br /><br />For your Alpha I Gen II drive try the link below, and forget about Clymers manuals, they are JUNK.<br /> Alpha I Gen II Manual

MFG197

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't have my manual onhand, but if I recall on the A1G2 the hose from the oil res to the transom plate connects to a nipple right above the one where the cooling system gets its water from the outdrive.

Bondo

Staff member

I have posted on 11/19/04 regarding my reservoir leak.
Then what you Should have done was,<br />Go back,+ Find your Previous Post,+ See what was said..... And/Or Update It........<br />Instead of starting a New Thread...... <br />
I have a Clymers book and there is no mention of the reservoir
As Don has stated, Those Manuals Might Possibly have a Purpose in the OutHouse(this is debateable, as the paper Isn't very Soft),<br />But, Have Little use as a real Reference Tool......................... :D <br />
The reservoir tank and hose is not leaking but I can't see where the other end of the hose is connected.
WWYC na7 is Right about the other end of the hose..........<br />But,<br />I'm betting that your Leak is somewhere In-Between..... <br />Probably worn through......<br />And,<br />The Only Way to find out, <br />Is to Trace the Hose from the Bottle to the Outdrive........<br />Every Single Inch of the way........<br />If you'd already Done this, You'd Know where the other end of the hose Is................... ;) <br /><br />Good Luck...