oil pressure sensor icon ON THE TACHOMETER came on

CaptSolo

Cadet
The oil pressure sensor icon ON THE TACHOMETER came on when I started the engine at the dock today.

I disconnected the sensor clip from the sensor itself, and got 4 intermittent blinks on the tack when I restarted the engine.

I than plugged it back onto the sensor and the blinking at the tack stopped - must have reset the emm I'm thinking?

A few years ago I/we checked the oil pressure with a hand held gauge and on the computer/YDS and it was fine.

What do you recommend?

I think my oil pressure is fine today.

I added some oil as it was near bottom of dipstick.

contact taxman@batelnet.bs if you have anything to say... thanks

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: oil pressure sensor icon ON THE TACHOMETER came on

Oil pressure was good several years ago and the oil was at the bottom of the stick. You really don't want my opinion.

CaptSolo

Cadet

Oil pressure was good several years ago and the oil was at the bottom of the stick. You really don't want my opinion.

The boat came back from the Yamaha dealer last week with a $3,500 bill. Mechanic spent about 40 hours and 14 days - I watched.

She ran great (27 miles at 5100 to 6000 RPMs to test WOT), but two days later I noticed the oil pressure icon engine flashing (twice) lite on the Tachometer. This happened at the dock. This happened on this engine 50 hours ago too.

I added a 1/2 quart of oil (it looked low) on the stick) and started the engine but the "blinking engine icon" on the tack was still present.
I managed to get rid of the flashing icon by unplugging and than repluging the sensor.

No more blinking engine icon on the tack.

I'm putting $500 in gas in the tank and taking it out front to run.

I have three 225 4 strokes on this boat, but only one engine has ever had a mechanic on it.

I think it could be as simple as low oil in the crank. Am I right?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

being just a little low would not cause oil pressure problem, pump would have to be sucking air to loose pressure
I believe low or high pressure will set alarm( anything out of normal range)