Oil pressure/ Engine temp

parker2320dvsc

Recruit
I purchased a Parker w/ F200 on the back and have not had any problems with it until this weekend. I was running back from a trip about 10 miles offshore and opened the motor up. (4800-5000 rpm's) I noticed the water temp climbed up one notch before max on the gauge, I cut the throttle down to 1500 and the oil prussre dropped to zero.:eek: I throttled up again to 4000 rpm's and the oil pressure went back to normal and after 2-3 minutes the engine temp dropped to normal. Seeing that, I changed the oil and filter. Took boat on test run and it seems only when I am at full throttle the engine temp goes up and the oil pressure drops to zero once the revs are 1500 and below. I allowed the engine to cool down after this at the dock for about 10 minutes. Restarted the engine and oil pressure and engine temp were completely stable with no fluctuations. Any info will be aprreciated. Thanks.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oil pressure/ Engine temp

what gauge package are you running? if command link did you get the water pressure option?
has the audible alarm system been tested?
wanna see most tech's twitch? ask to observe them perform the test for oil pressure and overheat. most dont know how :)

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Oil pressure/ Engine temp

LOL, my old service manager was clueless and his replacement and an old Yamaha vet at that(moved 'em to Kennesaw) thought could just ground sensors....tried to explain the resistance thing to him but he knew better....some keep learning, some just don't...