Oil Pickup Tube/Dipstick Fittings

FluffyChicken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,

I'm planning ahead for moving over the volvo oil pan to my other motor. I ended up having to remove this tube assembly due to the motor being filled with water/oil milkshake. The volvo manual recommends replacing some or all of these seals when removed. Going to be $20-30 after shipping for 3 little washer/orings. Any idea if I technically can reuse these and maybe add some 518 on there?

1689939935085.png

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Hello,

I'm planning ahead for moving over the volvo oil pan to my other motor. I ended up having to remove this tube assembly due to the motor being filled with water/oil milkshake. The volvo manual recommends replacing some or all of these seals when removed. Going to be $20-30 after shipping for 3 little washer/orings. Any idea if I technically can reuse these and maybe add some 518 on there?

View attachment 385260
given where it is and that you just janked the engine ? I would just get new unless they were out of stock for 4 weeks...

MalibuMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just finished pulling my engine and ready for the install. I also want to make sure I don’t have any drips or leaves from this exact same spot. Is it possible just to go to a good automotive shop and match the O-rings?

Bondo

Staff member
I just finished pulling my engine and ready for the install. I also want to make sure I don’t have any drips or leaves from this exact same spot. Is it possible just to go to a good automotive shop and match the O-rings?
Ayuh,..... That, or a well stocked hardware store,.....

MalibuMike

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just changed my oil pan and threw the pan in the trash without realizing there’s a special washer on it. Number 33 on exploded view.

Attachments

• FFB2EB72-77A2-4C8E-ADFA-9283CAEF75A0.jpeg
    FFB2EB72-77A2-4C8E-ADFA-9283CAEF75A0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited: