oil injection removal

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What are the proper steps to removing the oil injection system off my 115?<br />Can it cause the alarm on the shifter to go off?

ianyoung77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: oil injection removal

Yes, it can. Normally the problem is just the filter clogging the slide. It is easy to get at so is quick to fix.<br /><br />There are many pros and cons of removing the oil. It's a tough call. No petrol/oil=stuffed motor, however, one cause of petrol/oil starvation is gummed up carby caused by using premix. Since the oil injection is after the carby this doesn't happen when using injection. Since the carby was designed for petrol only it does have some small channels making it more susceptible to gumming up.<br /><br />I note some conservative users use both. They run a 100:1 or 150:1 premix and use the injection. If you do go the premix route you do need to be more careful with stuff like drainging carbies when not using your boat for a while.

2MADAKAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ian, I wanted it removed so I could run my two stroke kicker off the same gas tank. Also a mechanic friend of mine doesn't trust the oil injection systems and says by mixing in tank, I know I've got oil for the motor.<br />What I need to know is, what do I have to remove to disconnect the system completely and eliminate the horn problem as well.

ianyoung77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

As I understand it you just need the blanking plate from the C type motor. Your remove the oil pump and blank off the block. Then disconnect the wiring from the oil tank.<br />For every mechanic that says to remove it there is another one saying it's bulletproof. Honestly I can't work out which way is better.