oil injection mercury motor

rlgsr

Recruit
I would like to know if I can disconnect the <br />oil injection system on a 135 hp. mercury eng. I was told by the owner that he did not think it was working. I would like to do away with this systen and just add the oil into the gas. Also is this something that can be done at home and not take it to a shop? I am buying this boat and motor from a friend and this is all that is wrong with it. thanks for any help.<br />Ralph

Mike Caspari

Cadet
Re: oil injection mercury motor

What year? I have 91 135's and converted both.<br />1. Reroute oil lines from output of pump back to input of pump.<br />2. plug or remove onboard resivior.<br />3. disconnect purple wire from warning horn module to main wiring harness ignition, this will disable the warning horn for the oil portion, should still work for temp.(may not need to disable if horn does not stay active).<br />4. plug off pressure line from engine to oil external resivior.<br />5. Plug off oil intake to gas line at base of fuel pump.<br />Don't disconnect the oil warning system unless you have to, I had too on mine because the horns kept going off. You still want to keep the temperature warning system working and thats why you only disconnect that purple wire from the warning horn module because it has to do with the oil business. You can get a dummy pump to replace the oil pump with. <br />Disclaimer: most of the time I don't know what I'm talking about.

rlgsr

Recruit
Re: oil injection mercury motor

Thanks Mike. I was told it is a 1993. I think I will just do away with this system and pre mix my gas. From what I have read if the system is not working it could be a problem to fix.<br />Thanks again.<br />Ralph