Oil injection hose question

maineiac5586

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I need to replace the oil hose from the bottom of the injection tank to the oil pump. Will I need to go through the bleed procedure if I am not removing oil from the pump? In my thinking the oil in the pump should be filled to the end of the nipple so should be ok to not bleed? 1992 25 hp model 25elrq

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
No bleeding required.

Presumption being that you will empty the tank prior to replacing the hose. Install the new hose connected to the tank only. Add oil to the tank. Ensure that oil runs from the tank down through the hose to the hose outlet. Install the hose onto the oil pump. Any air that might remain within the hose will rise up through the hose and into the tank.

maineiac5586

Senior Chief Petty Officer
No bleeding required.

Presumption being that you will empty the tank prior to replacing the hose. Install the new hose connected to the tank only. Add oil to the tank. Ensure that oil runs from the tank down through the hose to the hose outlet. Install the hose onto the oil pump. Any air that might remain within the hose will rise up through the hose and into the tank.
I will follow that procedure. Thank you