Oil injection-Disable or Fix???

I have a problem with my 1998 Mercury 150XL. I ran it about an hour Saturday and it ran fine. Then the oil warning started beeping. Temperature was fine at 140. Adjusting the throttle would get the beeping to stop for a little while but then it would come back. I suspect a sensor problem. I think the engine is getting oil OK. The only reason I don't disable the oil injection right now is that I have a 4 stroke kicker and I want to use the same tank for it. Does anyone know what would happen if I had to run the 4 stroke kicker on 50:1 in an emergency? What do you guys think I should do? Disable or fix?<br /><br />------------------<br />David Rochford<br />david@zesco.com

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Oil injection-Disable or Fix???

Personally, I just have trouble trusting oil injection systems. It's so easy to just run mix and avoid possible heartbreak later. Just my opinion! I have run my Honda 15 hp 4 stroke on 50:1 with no adverse effects, but wouldn't make a habit of it. For emergencies, a 3 1/2 gallon tank for the kicker takes up almost no space and would run a 4 stroke for hours. Sometimes it's a plus to have 2 seperate systems...you can run the main dry on accident and still get home.
smile.gif
<br /><br />------------------<br />I'm going to invent a TCW3/citronella oil blend and make a fortune!

Re: Oil injection-Disable or Fix???

What is the best way to disable the oil injection system? Should I simply plug the oil line or remove the oil pump? I know I will have to disconnect the oil sensors.<br /><br />------------------<br />David Rochford<br />david@zesco.com