Oil injection bulb

Firstdog

Cadet
Is the bulb on the oil injection line the same bulb as on the fuel line, mine is hard and old and needs to be replaced but I can't find a listing for the oil bulb.......THANKS.....1989 50 hp Johnson

Last edited:

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Oil injection bulb

The bulb for the oil line is a different part number from the one on the fuel line. Can't say why that is unless it's simply a smaller diameter hose connection.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

The oil line bulb is 175985 and has been superceded to 5008620. That bulb is for the special 1/4" yellow-stripe oil line hose.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Emds, does the orginial bulb # 174157 supercede into that # ??

Firstdog

Cadet

Thanks I got it ordered, was out of stock but said it should ship with 5 to 7 days.........I used # 5008620 and it said it was the bulb that I needed........THANKS for the help

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Boobie, The factory shows your 174157 as an oil primer bulb. It shows that part as NLA, and does not show any supercession chain. Seems somewhat odd...Usually these bulbs get superceded due to compliance with new gov't fuel regs, so they quickly show a supercession..but not in this case.

Firstdog

Cadet

........I don't want to upset no one's apple cart but I ran all the numbers from all post and they all took me back to the 5008620 number and showed a picture and size and i compared it to mine and it was the right one.........Again THANKS

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Don't worry, the apples are still in my cart. LOL