Oil from Prop

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1997 25HP Johnson and I noticed after pulling the boat out of the water yesterday that there were yellowish oil on the prop. I wonder if water is getting in to the lower unit or the prop seal needs to be replaced. I recently change the lower unit oil and it was milky any help is gladly appreciative. Also the motor burns alot of fuel which has me troubleshooting these causes.

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Oil from Prop

I would check the lower oil again, if was milky last time it probably is gain and you need to reseal the lower, a seal kit is way cheaper than a lower.

Let it sit for a dat or 2 and crack the drain plug and see if water comes out, if so change the seals.

As far as burning alot of gas that may just be how it is, there really are no adjustments on your carbs.

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Oil from Prop

Thanks for the help guys sorry I havent replied back as I've been away, I replaced the gear case oil using amsoil synthetic and I did put in new seals, Now I cant wait to put her in the water and see how she goes.My issue was when I change the oil the last time I did not replace the seals. As for the fuel consumption I guess I will have to deal with that, damn these 3 cyclinders are thirsty for fuel.