oil coming out of dipstick tube

kwildog22

Cadet
Hello all, I am new to this and i would highly appreciate any help i can get. I have a 1976 ford 302 with an omc setup. It is pushing oil out the dipstick i can't figure it out. I have recently replaced the cam, heads, and intake, i am so lost on this PLEASE HELP ANYONE. :confused:

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: oil coming out of dipstick tube

for some reason that motor don't sound like an outboard...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Doesn't to me either. Moving to I/O

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

check the crankcase ventalation system. some used breathers in the valve covers and others used a PCV system like a car. you are building to much crankcase air pressure.<br /> good luck and keep posting

Dunaruna

Admiral

Kwildog22,<br /><br />What rodbolt said. <br /><br />Why did you replace the heads, cam & intake?<br /><br />Aldo

f_inscreenname

Commander

Like I said on your last post. "Just a shot in the dark with what info you offered but here goes. With all the new stuff you installed did you install new valve covers or oil breather cap (oil filler hole cap)? If so make sure the breather cap is open. If closed the air pressure in the block will have to go out the area with the weakest resistance. The oil dip stick tube."

kwildog22

Cadet

i had to replace the cam becauce it rounded a couple of lobes so i had a new set of heads so i put them on. I also have breathers on the valve covers and tried to run a pcv set but still built alot of pressure. Someone told me that it could be the rings because i bumped the compression up with the heads. but i still have good compression betweein 150-165 on all cylinders. I need help. my next choice is to pull it. but i dont know how to seperate the engine from the drive. does anyone know thanks for all the help