Ohio State - Michigan Game

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
OhioSt8er,<br />I knew this would get your attention. I will be traveling back to the Lower 48 in the beginning of November. I will be going to Fort Dix, NJ from November 1 - November 11 or thereabouts. I plan on taking some leave afterwards to try to go to the Cleveland - Pittsburgh game and hopefully the OSU-UM game. If they are not sold out.<br />Do you have any "connections" to get hooked up? ;) <br />I can bring some Salmon and Halibut to help out! :cool: <br /><br />AK Chappy

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Ohio State - Michigan Game

Originally posted by AKFishingNut:<br /> OhioSt8er,<br />... and hopefully the OSU-UM game. If they are not sold out.<br />
:D :D :D You want tickets to what?? :D :D :D <br />The hottest ticket around. Scalpers are the only source. Don't forget your wallet!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I know,<br />wishful thinking. <br />It sucks that I get sent down there on short notice.<br /><br />AK Chappy

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Chappy, Alas, even for a mega-fan as good as me, getting a ticket to THAT game is next to impossible. The price will be over-inflated, but I might suggest you check with one of those on-line ticket sites (make sure they're reputable... wouldn't want to get one of those 'bogus' tickets we hear about!). In any event, if you make it to Col's give me a shout! I usually have some kind of OSU-'team up north' party that day, and any Buckeye Fan is welcome. (There's a sign on my door that says "Michigan Fans Welcome---the dog hasn't been fed yet today", lol!)<br />If I hear of anything, I'll let you know!<br />and....GO BUCKS!

PW2

Commander

I have gotten tickets to some events on EBay. Or you might want to try Rivals.com and their dedicated site for either UM or OSU. They usually have a ticket exchange section of their message boards. I don't know what the actual website is called but do a google search for UM Football, and you will find it I am sure.<br /><br />I am afraid that the rules of supply and demand dictating the price of a commodity are alive and well at college football games.

tylerin

Commander

Lifetime Buckeye fan living in Cal I'll just have to wait til they come to the Rose Bowl ;)

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Be careful, OSU started a new rule this year that student tickets require a matching student ID. A lot of innocent people who legitimately purchased tickets from a current student have been burned by this!<br /><br />Heck, I've worked in OSU administration for 4 years and *I* can't even get an OSU/UM ticket!<br /><br />'Our honor defend, we will fight to the end for O-HI-O!' GO BUCKS!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I and my boys are from Ohio, the wife and her girls are from Michigan. I can't really describe the chaos during that period of time, as we exchange smack talk every year.<br /><br />I think the neighbors are getting use to the cops showing up. They now have a betting pool going on.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by samagee:<br /> They now have a betting pool going on.
LOL,<br />Can I get in on that action??<br /> :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

It's really funny. I can just imagine what people think when listening in our conversations. Especially when we are traveling to visit relatives. We will be passing into Michigan and one of the girls will make some smart@#$ remark. One or more of us boys will respond to that, then it usually gets kicked into high gear below the belt punches for the next hour or so. Of course the first comment is always about the road conditions in Michigan. Then it breaks into who was the last team to win the latest match between the two. My second son is very much into football, so he starts going into everyone's stats as well from the two teams. Then he gives his predictions as to who will go to the NFL.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Only two more weeks!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Don't mean to jump in like this AKC ... but being Big Ten fan I thought you'ld appreciate it ...(i think)<br /><br />but, I really wish it was the Badgers playin' Ann Arbor in the last week.. with Iowa this comming weekend.<br /><br />If one of our teams is on top at the time I'm all for them winning .. even as a Badger fan I've actually rooted against 'em at times so the National ranked team gets the Big Ten a lil' more respect. <br /><br />that bein' said I hope your Bucks the best in the game ... and please beat the pants off en 'em Wolverines ..<br /><br />always a good match-up and cause..<br /><br />.... cause ANN ARBORS A WH*RE!!!! :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Directions to "that state up north" from Columbus:<br />North, 'til you smell it, then<br />West, 'til you step in it.<br /><br />maize & blue cheerleaders come to Ohio Stadium to graze.<br /><br />And the all-time favorite:<br />"We don't give a damm about the whole state of meatchicken, we're from Oh-Hi-Oh!"

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

LOL<br />Brian I have that in MP3 and it sounds soooooooo gooood to listen to!!!<br /><br />AK Chappy