Ohio River.. Cincinnati to Louisville

tjkprop

Cadet
Not a vacation, just my usual boating area. Just wondering if anyone else is local to this area.<br />Watch out for the floating refrigerators !<br />99 Regal 2100 LSR

jeff_nicholas

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Ohio River.. Cincinnati to Louisville

Towed up to Louisville for Thunder, but the dock at Cox Park was under 4' water and there was so much junk floating in the river I never splashed. Made the run up to Madison w/ trailer to see if I might have better luck there, but it was in the same shape. I parked the boat in the Bandman lot, took in the show from the beach, slept aboard in the lot, then went to Land Between the Lakes for some boating on the way home. <br /><br />Roger on those refrigerators; also saw some small buildings floating out there...

tjkprop

Cadet

The river has improved a bit since then. Was out 3 times thus far on the east side of the Markland locks. Prop hit something submerged and was unrecognizable when I pulled the boat out. Only had 2 blades left and resembled a paddle wheel. Just purchased a 99 Regal 2100 last week and was only able to take it out for 2 hours last Friday due to rain. Has not stopped since.

Walleye King

Seaman

LOL Ohio River Area! Beaver PA, more known for Bridgewater with all the Marinas.