Oh Kentucky

SoulWinner

Commander
We got back two days ago from driving to Cleavland to pick my Land Cruiser. Man, it is a whole different world up there in them big cities. I honestly don't know how anyone could live in a big city. Just trying to drive to work every day would kill me.<br /><br />Anyhow, I must say that western Kentucky was so beautiful! I think I'm gonna go back to Kentucky this year and do some exploring. The air was so clean and easy to breath! I got home and my sinuses closed right up! Prolly on strike after breathing the nice Kentucky air. It's a real shame Kentucky isn't farther south, cause I don't like snow and salted roads.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Oh Kentucky

Oh, also since last Friday I have driven from here to Dallas and back and then to Cleavland and back, and gal dangit, I didn't get to shoot and thugs. Shucks.

eeboater

Commander

How is the Land Cruiser? What year is it? Pics? :D

KaGee

Admiral

You must have missed the horse farms... or else you were up wind from them.

SoulWinner

Commander

Ok eeboater,<br /><br />I love the Cruiser. I thought that I REALLY wanted a TRD Tacoma and got one and it just never lived up to what I expected (A Toyota made in America, go figure :rolleyes: ) and Dee's Cruiser was so killer, so I got a utility trailer and decided to get a cruiser. See, for several years Mrs SoulWinner and I drove matching white 4Runners. Now we drive matching white Land Cruisers. Anyhoo, I put the Tacoma up for sale and so far there is plenty interest in it, but although it is like new and only 57000 miles, people don't want to pay what it is worth.<br /><br />So far I love the Cruiser. It was made in Japan, and it has factory locking differentials in both axles. There are some issues with it since it was driven on salted roads, so I have a little work to do, but I don't mind. You wanted pics, here ya go:<br /><br /> The auction for the truck <br /><br />And here are some more:<br /><br /> 64 pics of the Cruiser <br /><br />Now then, I want to lift it, put on ARB Bull Bars front and rear, and put on 33 x 12.50 BFG ALL Terrain TA tires.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Amazingly clean for 10 y/o and 141k miles. Some people just have a genteel touch. Many vehicles are worn and dirty by 50k.<br /><br />Boy, that salt is insidious stuff tho. Looks like you'll need to spend some time underneath with a can of penetrant. Doesn't appear to be any corrosion on the sheet metal. <br /><br />Hope it serves you well SW. Enjoy!!

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SBN and I would be happy to have you back in our state anytime. Not too much as far as horse farms go in the Western part of the state, but there is plenty more to see and do. Definitely check out Mammoth Caves if you are able to stop over for a while.<br /><br />Southern Kentucky has Lake Cumberland and Cumberland Falls (home of the only moonbow in the western hemisphere). Its a huge lake and friendly place.<br /><br />Central Kentucky has the horse farms and such. Go a bit east and there is a decent mid sized lake in the middle of Daniel Boone National Forest (Cave Run). Great muskie fishing there. While you're in the area, be sure to check out Red River Gorge with all the cliffs, rock formations and natural bridges. Beautiful area.<br /><br />Northern Kentucky is just Louisville, Covington (extension of Cincy) and the Ohio River. Far eastern KY's only attraction is SBN, so nothing interesting there. :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Coach,<br /><br />We have two teenage boys and two dogs, theboys and the rotti stayedhome, so sadly we needed to get back and weren't able to visit Lester, or see the caves. However, Mrs Soulwinner has made up our mind that we are going back to Kentucky to look around a bit and do some visiting.

ndemge

Commander

I drove to mid of KY last year to pickup a boat (that I've already sold) Must agree, is a nice place. Would like to go do some camping in KY and TN sometime.<br /><br />...SW... Lets go find some mud, gotta put them lockers to the test!