Oh, goody. Blue Cross renewal time--up 20%

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Family of 5, 2500 deductible per person $649 per month. Last year it was $541 per month.<br /><br />How's everyone else on this front?<br /><br />Jinx<br /><br />PS I'm looking at the new medical savings plans, anyone else?

Bob in Calif.

Re: Oh, goody. Blue Cross renewal time--up 20%

My wife and I have Aetna, which just went up by $160.00 a month in December. (My annual christmas present from Aetna). It now runs me $880.00 a month ( for the two of us), plus visit co-pays and a $100.00 co-pay for emergency room service. $75.00 is deducted each month, from the $880.00 for each 4 hours of unused sick leave that I had accrued prior to my retirement. I had over 1500 hours of sick leave on the books at the time of retirement, so that $75.00 per month helps a little and for quite a while.<br /><br />One good thing is, the medical insurance is deducted from my check before it is taxed and I can deduct the monthly premium from my income tax. My 60% retirement pay wasn't too bad when I retired alamost 9 years ago, but now the medical payments take a large chunk of my "monthly." <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

NYMINUTE

Captain

I know M-Plan is ready to rape us too. And my employer calls this Fringe Benefit?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

my current plans out of pocket cost is 3 dollar co-pay for scrips. Blanket medical, vision, and dental coverage. nice bennys for now. am good 'till '08 when we negociate a new labor contract.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Whenever I read about health insurance costs it makes me so glad that I had sense enough to stay in the military until retirement. It costs me $115 per quarter for my entire family. Believe me, I DON'T take it for granted.... I feel very lucky to have this benefit and pray that the congress doesn't stop or cripple this benefit to the military like they have so many others.

RetNav

ae708, I agree with you. Best decision I ever made was to make the navy my career. Part of the benefits is the meds I now enjoy. Unless I am mistaken, at 65 I convert to tri care for life (no charge) for my family and me.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

RetNav I also am retired navy. My wife is 36 and my youngest kid is 7. When I turned 65 my insurance changed to tricare for life but my my wife and kid stayed on tricare prime so I had to keep paying the 115 per quarter for them even though mine is free. I thank the Navy every time I have to go to pick up prescriptions.

Homerr

Commander

Aetna here... Ours went up too. <br /><br />Hey... we have to pay for all the illegals' medical somehow... What are you griping about? :) <br /><br />Welcome aboard the sand-in-Vaseline express!<br /><br /><br />H.