Oh Boy gotta ?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Is it a crime to call an employer, pretend to be someone (such as a husband) and tell them your wife has quit?<br /><br />Some may remember the POS that tore my hitch off my truck last year. He is or now was my step daughters boyfriend. About 3 weeks ago she moved out breaking up with him. She finally said it was final. So now he cancelled her cell phone (which is no big deal), and now he called her place of employment and got her fired. She pleaded with them to take her back, but they looked at it as a problem that can be trouble for the business. To find out also that he is not my granddaughters daddy. So this POS has no ties to the family. THANK GOD!<br /><br />Right now all I want to do is make him loose about 300# of fat by beating it off of him! However, I will not stoop to that level. I do want to make him stop. <br /><br />He has proven himself to be a con by ripping people off. <br /><br />Any suggestions as what a person can do. Last year with the phone incident we should have called the police but didn't due to the retaliation he could cause my daughter. Is there a length of time that a report must be made?<br /><br />Thanks.....Blood pressure is up big time, gotta take a break (his neck?)

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: Oh Boy gotta ?

blackandwhite9.jpg
<br /><br /> ;)

txswinner

Banned

Not sure of your laws in Ohio but would guess there is a time limit, would not bother on the hitch.<br /><br />However, no one has to put up with others calling employers etc. I am not sure the vehicle to use but in Texas you would go file with the County Attorney for a restraining order to keep him from contacting her, her friends family and interferring with her life, may be stalking. Good luck.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You now have two options:<br /><br />1) Go after him<br /><br />2) Leave him alone and have him out of your life<br /><br />I would prefer to never see somebody like this again. Life is too short to let idiots get in my way of having fun.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Man, it's tough when you get an unreasonable character on your backside!<br /><br />Could be illegal...check with your DA's office.<br /><br />Also you could talk to a lawyer about whether her termination might have been unlawful.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

jtexas, their termination was mutual. This idot introduced another girlfriend to my daughter and then let other girl stay the night. My stepdaughter I care for as much as I do my own, if not more. She has had a learning disability since birth, so this makes things even rougher.<br /><br />The first time I met him we had pretty much a screaming match so to speak. His attitude is that he is large and incharge! His new thing is meeting women on the internet, then they send him money to meet him. Of course he takes the money and doesn't go. OOOOhhhhhh what a POS!<br /><br />His first wife's parents had land and many assets. He took them for lots. Let him into my family for 3 years. Ran a bill up for about a grand. He broke my truck, he gets po'd, breaks my wifes cell instead of giving it back, and takes 3 women on the net. At least I got a 89 VIP vision with trailer. No motor or outdrive, worth about $300. <br /><br />I just wish he would just moooooovvvvveeee on!

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I wouldn't worry to much about this clown. If he is half as bad as described, he'll either self destruct or be shot by a jealous husband. These problems often work themselves out.

bubbakat

Captain

If he calls her and she has warned him not to that is called harassment.<br />That is against the lay.<br />If he is promising people on the net that he will meet them if they send money for transportation and he doesn't show. That is against the law but hard to prosecute.<br /><br />He may be big but he is not in-charge.

Bubba, What if he calls her job and she lost her job is that against the law?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I would get a restraining order, second and just as fast remove his name from bank accounts, credit cards, cell phones, cars, boats, leases, etc.<br /><br />Put this piece of work on a legal and financial island. Then place a blocking mechanism on your phone to prevent harassment. Don't let your daughter out of your sight for several weeks.

rogerwa

Commander

I would guess that his act was not illegal, but the fact that the employer terminated her for this reason may be worthy of a lawsuit. Although, if you live in an employ at will state, the employer can fire you for no reason.<br /><br />Get a restraining order in place and consult a lawyer..

rogerwa

Commander

I also forgot to add that you want ot ensure she makes any necessary changes to any financial accounts that he may be able to exploit. Either cancel, change ownership, or ensure he is primary owner. Move any money in bank accounts into individual accounts. Don't let him screw her credit or steal her identity.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ms Mayfloat,<br /><br />I don't know the laws in your state so I don't know if his actions were crimminal, but they are most surely grounds for a civil action.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

As for bank accounts and such, they never had anything. Daughter was receiving aid. This nutcase knows the system on how to get stuff for nothing.<br /><br />With jobs being so few and her wanting to get off the system, it is just ashame this idiot would do this. He is revengeful and will do anything that is borderline. <br /><br />Like Bubbakat said, he will self destruct sooner or later. We pray that it is sooner instead of later. Sorry for being upset, when my kids or wife are harrassed by someone it gets me riled up. Couldn't sleep much at all last night thinking of the situation.

rwise

Captain

Just put a fish under his seat! You'll LYAO every time you think of how it smelled a few days later! :D <br />Just kidding of course. (rigggth)

TilliamWe

Banned

I agree with roger. HEre's a case where the real jerk, the boyfriend, probably can't be held accountable, for getting the woman fired. But the employer may not have terminated he in accordance with Ohio employment laws. It's time to go after them, if her job was worth having. Mayfloat, the girl that got fired, is she the one with a learning disability??? If she is, is she covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act? If so, she is like the ultimate minority (is she of a race other than white? if so, she now owns that company!), firing her is like getting flys off poop! She has a case against the employer for sure, and any slightly aggressive or sleazy lawyer would jump at that one!<br />All I can hope for the boyfriend is that he fades away. Lots of old clay mine near you isn't there????

Homerr

Commander

Our company is 'at-will' too. Hire/fire for basically no reason.. HOWEVER... we keep a lot of paperwork to back it up. Too many businesses get sued and lose due to lack of documentation in situations like this.<br /><br />I don't see how he can get her fired. It had nothing to do with him. The company should have reasonable grounds for termination.<br /><br />As far as the dirtbag is concerned... get a restraining order. In my state, you can get them at a drop of a dime it would seem.<br />At least that way you can call a cop on his arse if he violates it and the police WILL respond to it very quickly.<br /><br />If it were me? I think I'd have a nice LONG drive and talk with him and remind him that people do disappear! LOL!<br /><br />H.

Homerr, making a 400lb+ lard azz disappear is something a magician would have problems with. There is no talking to this idiot. If it is not his way, he yells and screams. No matter what you say, he only hears what he wants to hear.<br /><br />The local radio station has a thing called market place. You can call buy or sell up to 2 items . I just wonder how many people called him wanting to buy his truck. I bet he didn't even know he was selling it....<br /><br />edit: sorry, the mrs didn't log off, should have been SS Mayfloat instead. Geeesh, she needs more training.........sorry......<br />Trying to get the mrs to call childrens service and place a complaint on him for screaming in my grandaughters ear and pulling her hair. She witnessed it, but we are leary of what he would do in retaliation. Another dang if you do and dang if you don't.<br /><br />The place she just started working at was Burger King. Since I work for McDonalds, I had a job for her awhile back before she met this guy. He screwed that job up for her as well. Made things a little rough for me, so now I don't suggest any of my friends to apply using me as a reference.<br /><br />BTW he is a self proclaimed trailer trash person. Wow, what an attitude.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

In my state this would not be illegal. If it could be proven beyond reasonable doubt then there would be a civil case there for sure. The problem is proving beyond doubt it was him, and not someone posing as him. That is almost impossible to do unless he admitted, then he could just lie and say it was not him.<br /><br />Check your states statutes and codes. Here this would be very close to Stalking which is a felony. Some states have laws against harassment. To my knowledge most states only have Civil law against harasment. For this you need to prove intent or willful disreguard.<br /><br />You definately have enough for a harassment order or restraining order. Make sure you get the right one. Some states have protection orders, harassment order, restraining orders. All meaning the same thing, but diferent wording. That peice of paper will not keep him away, but it will give legal recourse if the activity continues. <br /><br />If they have lived together or have a child in common then it would qualify for domestic violence. Check with your local domestic violence groups. Those women are vicious. If they can't get him sued or convicted of something then thay will at least make life miserable for him. And they get action with judges more than anyone.<br /><br />Check local laws and if possible check with the DA or a private attorney.<br /><br />As for legal action against the employer, probably nothing can be done there. They are looking out for their business. If they have to spend time dealing with angry ex whatevers then that employee is a risk and disrupting business. They are within their rights terminating her employment in the best interest of their business.<br /><br />Remember you can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl or boy in this case.