Offshore with Friends

LadyFish

Admiral
Our best friends went offshore with us yesterday. About 150 miles round trip in our boat. The day started out bright and early. I got up at 4 and started making sandwiches and breakfast for everyone. We finished loading up the boat and headed out at 6 a.m.<br /><br />We were a little short on space to stow things since we carried extra gas and really big coolers full of ice. I thought hummmmm.....i scrubbed those fish boxes, why don't I put the plug in them and stow some stuff. So I put the fenders, extra ropes, our tackle, extra oil, my gimble and the bat.<br /><br />After our first stop our buddy Sean said "are we sinking?" :eek: The floor of the boat was taking on water and I starting getting really scared. Then, Mr. LF said "I know where its coming from.......the fish boxes are plugged." I opened one up and everything was floating. Our tackle completely submersed in saltwater. Dopey me. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Anyway........ today, I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck. Bruises everywhere, especially my belly and under my arm, an aching back, sore feet and new tans lines. It was an awesome day with good results when it comes to pan fare though.<br /><br />All together we brought home 11 red snapper. I also caught a bonita, my first and........ OMG what a fighter. Sean our friend caught a beautiful dorado, it was crazy to watch it jump outta the water. He lost it at the boat however. <br /><br />The weather was great, abundant sunshine, the seas were fairly calm, it was a perfect day. We saw flying fish, lots of porpoises, caught a sneaker top fish (romora sp?), I caught a Dog Snapper aka a Mangrove too (he pooped concrete), tons of triggers, a kingfish, a spanish mackeral, and a special treat....we saw a HUGE turtle. The only aggravating expereince of the day was biting flies, lots of them. <br /><br />It's such an adventure going offshore, the element of surprise is the unmatched by anything I know. You never know what you might see. :cool: <br /><br />My girlfriend had the catch of the day with her 33", 18 lb. 11 oz. red snapper. :) <br /><br />The first pic is my bonita (small but mighty), then my best friend's sow.<br /><br />
a3mrs2.jpg
<br />
a3ms1j.jpg

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Offshore with Friends

Sounds like a great day! I think the best part of the picture is your French Manicure on that stinky fish! :) <br /><br />It's great when you bring in a lot of different things. Really keeps you guessing what's on the end of your line!

Fly Rod

Commander

Glad to hear you had an excellent day!!! Sure beats working!! I like them pictures, good size red snapper!!! ;) :cool:

LadyFish

Admiral

It was truly a great day jsfnn, :) That french manicure didn't last long, broke a nail on the first fish.
15.gif
<br /><br />You're right Fly Rod, it IS better than working....I like to call it my.........<br /><br /><br />...... REEL JOB. :p :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Sweet!... Thats a big snapper!... Congrads...<br /><br />So LF got her first bone-head.. cool... :D Them guys are really fun on light tackle.. They get thick around here, and stay around all summer.. <br /><br />Sea Turtles are neat creatures.. We get to see them pretty regularly.. They'll swim right up to the boat and check you out...<br /><br />Hope Aspeck and I can do half that good.. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Good luck you two!!! :) <br /><br />Even if you don't catch its always an adventure. :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

It's only an adventure if you actually get out! We are keeping our fingers crossed to see if the boat can be repaired. If not, then PLAN B. Right Snap?!?

JRJ

Commander

I'm a little late seeing this, but glad to see you all had such a great day. Nothing like not knowing what you have until they break the surface. Thanks for the tip on the fish boxes :D