Offshore Overnight

LadyFish

Admiral
This afternoon we leave to go offshore overnight on a beautiful 48' Hatteras. <br /><br />We'll fish the wrecks and rigs on the way out, spend the night on the boat and fish all day tomorrow. We're hoping to get into some marlin, tuna and grouper. We'll probably go about 100 miles out.<br /><br />I'm really excited about this trip. The boat is awesome, it belongs to a friend of ours. He keeps the boat pretty busy with charters and corporate trips so this is our first time out on it. We're going with 3 couples.<br /><br />I won't know what to do without having to use a 5 gallon bucket and use the raw water wash down to stay cool. This boat has air conditioning.<br /><br />Hopefully "Katrina" will blow some fish our way. There have been a lot of pop up thunderstorms just offshore the past day or two from the unstable air mass. Even though the storm is over Florida we do get some affects.<br /><br />The boat has radar and from what I understand we'll be moving all night long to avoid water spouts and storms.<br /><br />This is my first time out over night. I have to tell you, with the all the storms popping up I am a little scared.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Offshore Overnight

Wow LF!<br />That sounds like an adventure. Let us know how it turns out. Post pics of the fish!

LadyFish

Admiral

The best part is that our boat captain just informed me he knows the general vacinity of some whale sharks. Information he received from another captain who's been out the past day or so. He asked if I'd like to swim with them. :eek: <br /><br />I know he's done it before, he showed us some incredible shots from his underwater camera.<br /><br />Check this out. Whale Sharks<br /><br />Now I'm REALLY stoked. :cool:

txswinner

Banned

Are you sailing with Captain Ann out of Brazosport. If so you will have a wonderful time, she is great.

LadyFish

Admiral

No txwinner, its a friend's boat. We are going with 2 other couples and will have our own deckhand. We will leave outta the Galveston Yacht Basin.<br /><br />I am sooooo stoked about this trip. Especially about the possibility of swimming with the whale sharks.<br /><br />We leave in a few hours. :cool:

txswinner

Banned

I have gone out on Hatteras with Capt. Ann in Brazosport, fabulous boats they are. I have be a scuba diver since 1971 and would find your opportunity a trip of a lifetime. Have a wonderful trip.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Catch a biggun, LF.... and watch the weather VERY close...<br /><br />Best of luck!... :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Well ... we are waiting ....

deeep water

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i know this is so late but i would stop berathing for a day to go with you lol