Offshore fishing in Hawaii?

budlin00

Cadet
I have not experienced offshore fishing outside the Gulf of Mexico. I am going to Hawaii in a week and was wondering what kind of fishing to expect out there. Being so tropical, are there good size fish to catch? I don't want to go if all I'm going to pull up are tropical type goldfish. Anyone been deep sea out there?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Offshore fishing in Hawaii?

Havent been personaly, I do have a friend who usta run a charter service there. Not sure exactly where, but he always talks of Billfish and Wahoo. Look here . Hope you catch a Trophy.

woody1969

Cadet

Lived there for 6 yrs. Great fishing during the summer. Not the marlin season right now. Can go out and catch Mahi-Mahi, Ono's are around also. Most likely this time of year Ono is what youll get. Too bad you cant cook up some of that Ono while your there. Very tastey just fried up in butter. Wont be alot of fish this time of year. But on the other hand the fishing trip will be cheaper.

KRS

Banned

No license req'd to fish the ocean (so says my brother who lives there).<br /><br />He says yellowfin are running now, bluefin are already done.<br /><br />Well.... tell us what happened?!?!!?<br /><br />Maybe he decided not to come home?