Off to College!

Homerr

Commander
Never thought I'd see myself back in school, but I took a placement test today.<br />after 17+ years out of school and corrupted by society, I placed higher than I thought I would!<br /><br />I need to get a few classes under my belt before I move anywhere. I think this will help in my future. <br /><br />I've been at the same company for over 15 years now, and it's time for a change.<br /><br /><br />H.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Off to College!

Best of luck to you, Homerr! I took a change of scenery myself, so to speak, and changed fields a couple years ago. I dropped my pay scale very dramatically. Can't afford to drop everything and just go back to school, and don't think I want to try to work and study at the same time yet. We don't have any extra cash now days, but my only regret was not doing it sooner. Change can be a wonderful thing at times. <br />What are you studying?

Link

Rear Admiral

Yup change can be good. Luck to you on it. If I have told you this story before just skip it.<br />One of my wifes younger sisters went through college with the ROTC. Graduated at 22 years old. The Air force let her continue on for another 3-4 years to become a Engineer. Worked as a Engineer for ten years and got bored and decided to become a doctor at age 36. Now at the age of 42 or 43 is getting her first assignment as a full fledge Doctor this month up in Alaska.<br />Like BP asked. What are you going to major in?

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats on reaching 1000 posts, Link! (Is that the same as a "kilopost"?) :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations Homer and good luck to you. You'll find school easier now because you are personally invested in it more. Not the same as taking classes as a younger person. I know you'll enjoy it. I did.<br />Bassy