# of people fish comftorably

zeppellin

Cadet
im comparing center console boats for inshore and offshore fishing. been looking at boats around 21 to 23 ft. boats like, robalo, proline 22 sport, stingray 200, robalo r200, pathfinder 200. How many people can fish w. comftorable space. would it be a problem to have 4-6 people fishing in these boats? I appreciate any comments.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: # of people fish comftorably

Depends on the type of fishing.<br />I know I wouldn't want to be trolling with 6, 8, or10 lines out.<br />And if you are reef fishing and casting, you don't have alot of room for everybody to be swinging their rods around.

mattttt25

Commander

just sold my 20' center console. could troll with 3 total (includes me) in comfort. bottom fishing could handle 4, but it was a bit tight. don't cast much, but 2 or 3 would have been the max.<br /><br />also depends on the layout of the specific boat. i'm sure you've realized already that a center console can actually be laid out multiple ways.<br /><br />with a 23', i'd probably add one to my numbers above.

zeppellin

Cadet

yea...ive noticed. one of the big things im looking for is that i can fish quite a few. the bay boats i love...the 24'..looks like you can fish a crap load. but they dont seem really have much protection from the elements and seem dangerous looking to go offshore. i may just have to go with a decent cc that i can take off shore and do some inshore fishing with.

mattttt25

Commander

a true 24', 8'6" beam center would probably work for you. good luck and let us know what you get.

zeppellin

Cadet

24' is the size ive been looking at for bay boats...theres quite a few and they seem to be able to have so much room. just worried about safety in choppy water.