Obviously NOT a "Dockside Chat" member

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Obviously NOT a "Dockside Chat" member

He left no note, nor did he tell anyone why he killed himself. A "protest suicide" is assumed. I would think if he really meant it as a protest, he would have left a note.<br /><br />I believe his relatives and the media are calling it a protest without having all the facts.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Me thinks he swallowed the Party Line a little too seriously!<br /><br />You're right, LunaSea. Had he been a member, here, he would have developed a little thicker hide. ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

From Georgia, lets see! isn't that close to Floriduh?? Jeb?? Makes sense, too bad he couldn't have taken Hillary along.

KaGee

Admiral

Me thinks he protesteth too much....<br /><br />How sad... and pathetic... bet there is more to the story... but I doubt we will ever know.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

He wasn't upset that Kerry wasn't elected, he was distraught that GW was!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I am sorry to be so cinical, but I find that extremely funny!<br />His "protest" definately makes me think about voting for Bush.<br />I was deeply sadened by this for a second or two, then I saw the humor in it.<br /><br />Guess he sure showed them! STOP IT OR I WILL DO IT AGAIN! :D

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by BrianFD:<br /> He wasn't upset that Kerry wasn't elected, he was distraught that GW was!
DITTO

KennyKenCan

Commander

It couldn't have been caused by an over-dose?<br /><br />Why else would any 25 year old want to kill himself over an election, if drugs weren't involved?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sad, political opportunism. If it were true, then it should show how sad this person's life was and should be out of the public spotlight for friends and family to mourn. And if it is a fabrication, they are engaged in foolish propoganda.<br /><br />Either way it is pathetic.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

To commit suicide with such reasoning is surely the performance of a mentally unstable individual.<br />Never the less it was a very sad but stupid act.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> I am sorry to be so cinical, but I find that extremely funny!<br />His "protest" definately makes me think about voting for Bush.<br />I was deeply sadened by this for a second or two, then I saw the humor in it.<br /><br />Guess he sure showed them! STOP IT OR I WILL DO IT AGAIN! :D
DD.... I agree... :D

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cowards way out.<br />Veal?? Sounds French.<br />If one is unhappy with the outcome of the election, this surely will not further the cause.<br />Perhaps if he spends more time campaigning and getting out the party message for the next election, he won't have to do it again.<br />Jesus complex methinks.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Suicide? What proof of that is there? Sounds like supposition to me. Shotgun "nearby"? Who the heck blows himself away with a shotgun, then tosses it "nearby"?<br /><br />IF it was suicide, there is nothing but supposition about why.<br /><br />Nobody KNOWS that he killed himself, and if he did, nobody KNOWS why.<br /><br />Gossip. Nothing more.<br /><br />Give the guy a break. :(

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe it will start a new trend...

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

interesting, how did he get to ground zero inside a secure area with a "SHOTGUN", in a city that outside police officers a weapon cant carry into.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "OH WELL!!!" Anybody that would kill them self is distraught [sick] and has been that way for a while!!! Blame it on, "who ever;" "whom ever" or "what ever!!!" The truth of the matter is he is dead and what ever state he is from is now saving 40-50,000 bucks a year!!! That is a win !! win !!! for that state!!! And those of U don't want to believe that, "THEN GET A LIFE!!!" ;) :cool:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

JB, in answer to your questions, just as a point of interest. I have investigated many suicides. Most hanging, a few overdose, and some firearms.<br />I have never found a suicide note. If I did I would be very suspicious. The shotgun lying "near" the body is very common. The force of the muzzle blast combined with the involuntary jerk of muscle when the shot is fired almost always throws the gun. The guns are always anywhere from 6 inches to 6 feet from the body. Usually closer to 3 to 6 feet. <br />It is unusual to travel a distance from home first, but not uncommon. He may have felt some kind of guilt or kinship with the victims of 9/11, he may have wanted to make a symbolic point and be remembered, he may have just wanted to be far from home so mom and others close to him didn't find him. Maybe even he hoped someone would catch him and stop him???<br />But in answer to the question who shoots himself with a shotgun then tosses it nearby, almost all of them that use a shotgun.<br />Think of the precarious angle of the gun, then the recoil combined with muscle reflex.<br />I wish I didn't know all of this, but unfortunately I do.<br />BTW I saw a new recent article indicating they confirmed suicide, but they also cited personal problems with his girlfriend. A recent fight or breakup.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, DD. <br /><br />That makes a conclusion of self infliction more logical.<br /><br />But why? One more random event someone wants to blame on GWB and the conservatives? Or mental disturbance in general?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

But why?<br /><br />I have asked myself that question so many times. Trying to make sense of things would be the final push to put me over the edge. As a defense mechanism we find ourselves poking fun at other misfortune.<br />This couldn't be solely the result of the election. The election was probably the final straw so to speak in a long series of problems rooted in mental illness. Most likely un-diagnosed mental illness.<br />I do find it funny, the thought he did this over an election but it is sad that any cry for help if there were any was not noticed. I truely feel sorry for the ones he left behind. The guilt and blame they will feel will only enhance the emptyness they will be left with. <br />The thing that always hits me hard at any death scene is the finality of it all.