November Madness

Carphunter

Commander
Alright GG and TyGuy, have you seen the preseason College B-ball polls. They got my Cardinals at #13. (Don't tell Aspeck, but they got the Cats at #9).<br /><br />.......oh, and I would like to say that two of our hamsters have come up missing...............you gals musta found out where I live? :p <br /><br />......remember, this thread dies at 11:59pm on November 30th. ;)

tylerin

Commander
Re: November Madness

oh, and I would like to say that two of our hamsters have come up missing..
Can I give you a hint as to where to look :D <br />
They got my Cardinals at #13.
10-1 They won't be in the sweet sixteen

gaugeguy

Captain

Can't get into it yet Carp, I'm still too wound up over the other Cardinal debocle.

aspeck

Staff member

Yeah Crapy, oops, did I type that wrong? Fruedian slip? Intentional? We will never know!<br /><br />Cats at #9, Cards at #13. End of season, Cats #1, Cards #99? Just a thought!<br /><br />Go Cats!

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Fighting Illini is at #5!!! Thats my team. <br /><br />Syracuse is #6 MY

aspeck

Staff member

MY, the Orangemen are 6th

Carphunter

Commander

Aspeck, remember, Mildcats at Freedom Hall equals a double digit loss. ;) I got a good idea for UK...........................listen really close................I'll say it loud................................DON'T PUT CUSA TEAMS ON YOUR BASKETBALL SCHEDULE. :D <br /><br />
TyGuy said;<br />10-1 they won't be in the sweet sixteen
I'll take that bet big boy, and if I win, you give my hamsters back, ............if you win, then i'll give my one remaining hamster to you. :D <br /><br />MY, my Cardinals will be in the Big East next year. Guess me and you can talk some smack then. :p <br /><br />GG, really November Madness means that the Bucks are in rut. ;) My favorite month of the year.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />GG, really November Madness means that the Bucks are in rut. ;) My favorite month of the year.
Mine too Carpy, smoke-pole season starts tomorrow morning, and of course it's gonna be raining. Hopefully the T/C will fire when I pull the trigger...I hate the "pop" and the deer runs away :p

Carphunter

Commander

I hate that "pop" and the deer runs away.
LMAO, I only laugh 'cause its happened to me. Listen to this one. I got a very very old .58 Caliber muzzleloader made by Navy Arms. (Killed my first deer with it). I was huntin one day and had a very wide and heavy beamed 8 pointer chase a doe past my stand. I placed the sights on his vitals, and fired.......BOOM. Never touched a hair on the deer. Man I was mad. Went home, shot the gun, and it was shooting great. Finally, I decided to take one more shot. I stood up, pointed the barrel at the ground to put my percussion(sp) cap on, and watched my slug fall out the end of the barrel. :eek: The rifling was so worn inside the barrel, that no matter how much bore butter I used, the slug would come out. So, I shot a blank at that deer. :mad: Had to park that old gun. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Now that is funny right there :D :D <br /><br />Thats the thing about black powder, if you don't clean them immediately the residue will eat the steel in the barrel.

aspeck

Staff member

LAST Saturday was the end of our "early" season - I ony have a flintlock, since that is all we are allowed in the late season. Apparently I didn't swab it out well enough and the powder packed hard as a rock with the solvent/oil that was in the barrel. Thing wouldn't fire at all! Had to use the screw to not only pull the sabot, but to work through the powder and get it out. I mean, it was rock hard!