nothing will turn me away quicker...........

k5ranger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I called the service department a boat dealership to inquire about a soluton to a problem with my boat. Now this was not a major problem, but more like a bother when i am fishing...anyway, when i tell the guy what kinda boat i was working on he starts in with the .."oh man, you should have come seen us before you bought that boat. we sale a better boat and you wouldn't be having these problems."<br />What the heck is wrong with this guy? There is no reason to belittle a person or their belongings. I told him that i have spent several dollars at that dealership, but no more! That kinda $#!^ just burns me up!!!!<br />David Fritts Outdoors is just around the corner from me. It's a Ranger dealership that just recently opened up. I have taken my boat by there on many occasions for smaller items and have never been treated a though i was a "cheap boat owner". <br />It doesn't matter what kinda boat you have, just be kind to fellow boaters and don't look down upon them because they can't afford a Mako, Ranger, Triton, Sea pro or whatever! <br /><br />i did however call back to the dealership and had a long talk to the owner about Mr. Dimwad.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: nothing will turn me away quicker...........

Got that crap all the time growing up as a kid. My parents owned a 23ft carver and we traveled the great lakes extensively. When they found out our boat size, the slip selection went from "B" dock to the sea wall and reservations were more difficult to come by.<br /><br />Some people just don't get it. If it were up to my parents it would be a 50 footer but they were more interested in having my mom home when we were kids and yet still provide the boating experience. They did!<br /><br />Most of these idiots who think that talent and skill are defined by a brand and a boats cost are not worth asking advise from. It most certainly drives you up the wall to be dismissed by some dolt based on such superficial reason's. I would be interested in hearing what the owner said when you confronted him. A marina will make far more money in parts, upgrades, repairs and service than in the initial sale of a boat. Being in sales it is a cardinal sin to even mention the competitors name, (it gives them credibility) but to denegrate the product is unforgivable. If the product is that bad, the owner will let you know how dissatisfied he is. At that point you become a solution to a problem not a salesman. Far better position to be in. ;)

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: nothing will turn me away quicker...........

Back in 95 three of us at work decided to buy a new boat. The other two bought a ProCraft 18' with a 150 on it. I bought a 15'Stratos with a 70. They kinda chided me about have that 'little boat', well, after the new wore off they got tired of putting all that fuel in them and the payments or whatever. They sold out, both of em. I still have mine. :D