Not the way to start a holiday

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
My neighbour has just phoned me from Florida. He has just arrived at his hotel having been traveling for for almost 20hrs, to find that there has been a mess up with his booking and his wife has left the booking conformation at home.<br /><br />It is 1.00am over here and I have just had to get out of bed, go to his house, find the conformation, scan it into my PC and email it to the hotel.<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I have not got a problem with doing this for him (I know he would do the same for me) but WHY did his wife not take the holiday paperwork with them.<br /><br />I'm going to try to get back to sleep now.

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Not the way to start a holiday

Why is the sky blue? Why are people greedy? I just hope I have a friend who would do this for me.<br /> Give yourself a pat on the back. Excellent.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Honestly? <br /><br />Because people are stupid.<br /><br />I'm stupid.<br />You're stupid.<br />We are ALL stupid in one degree or another-or at some time or another. Quite how we got out of the swamps and evolved is beyond me.<br /><br />The trick in NOT appearing stupid is to learn through repeated foul-ups quite what preceeds an imminent SHT and to run away...

Trent

Captain

And I still wonder why some of yall forget the plug? :)

salty87

Commander

have you done something to **** her off?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> What plug? What I miss Trent? :D
Yea, I guess I missed it also.<br />I don't think mine has one. If it does, I don't take it out.

Moody Blue

Captain

Thats what are neighbours for. Maybe they will bring you back a t-shirt or coffee mug or something for your good dead :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

originaly posted by RodC<br /><br />for your good dead <br /><br />
Hi Rod<br /><br />Please Please tell me this was a typo, or do you know somthing I don't. :D

Moody Blue

Captain

OOOOps. My brain and fingers rarely comunicate in the same language :D <br /><br />"Thats what are neighbours for". See what I mean :rolleyes:

PW2

Commander

The hotel should have the booking number.<br /><br />Either they have a room reserved for them or they don't. I don't understand how faxing them a number in the middle of the night is going to make a room miraculously available if there wasn't one when they tried to check in.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

well, RJPS, your neighbor should have just called me, it was 7:05pm (that's 19:05 for you Europeans) when you posted, it would've been no big deal for me. :)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

jtexas<br />I'll remember your offer next time, but don't you think it's a bit of a long walk to his house for you :D <br /><br />PW2<br />From what I understand he had booked through an agent to stay at International Drive, the hotel in question had him booked in at a different place about 30 miles away.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Orlando?....... INTERNATIONAL DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
19.gif
woah.. I sacred myself...<br /><br />RPJS.. Your friends would'nt be going to the evil empire that is Disney, would they?.....
42.gif

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Snapperbait<br />Not just Disney!! they've got a 7 day pass that gets them into all the parks in the area, with 2 kids I can see it being a FUN holiday. They are going to the gulf coast for 7 days after the parks for a bit of R&R, I get the felling 7 days just isn't long enough.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Seven days is good - takes 4 or 5 days to experience "the mouse". Throw a couple days at a water park in there to cool off & relax.