Not happy with the forum??

KaGee

Admiral
Been gone for a week, but prior to my leave there was a lot of biatching by members new and old.<br /><br />I received the following from another forum I belong to:
Dear Kagee<br /><br />Just a quick note to let you know that we appreciate your participation on our Forum. However, the costs to provide this service continue to rise. Therefore, we ask you to consider becoming a subscriber. The $19.95 subscription fee is used primarily to pay for the bandwidth and server space used by the forum and for equipment. None of the money is used for any other purpose but support of the forum. You can subscribe by going here:<br /><br />
The point being... this place is free due to the generosity of our hosts... Iboats. If you don't like a post... ignore it. But quit the whining... it's not like you paid to be here.<br /><br />My personal thanks to the powers that be who have provided this community. I for one appreciate it.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Not happy with the forum??

You mean they want to charge us to have fun now... Boy I better go back to selling on e-bay to pay for this...

Twidget

Commander

I'm right there with you KaGee.

Dunaruna

Admiral

I got the same e-mail, keith.<br /><br />Now, anybody here at iboats that feels as though they must contribute to a heated discussion, please feel free to borrow this ;) -<br /><br /><br />
give_a_damn_progress.gif

Dunaruna

Admiral

Just right click > save picture as.......<br /><br />If it doesn't work, I'll e-mail it to you.

aanda6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

doesn't work. Only gives a still pic.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />However, the costs to provide this service continue to rise.
Web hosting costs of all sorts are dropping at alarming rates.<br /><br />As for Iboats, I'm glad they do it, but they wouldn't be if they weren't getting something out of it. Attracting all these people to their business must make them thousands. Forums are dirt cheap to host, and moderators volunteer because it's a hobby for them.

magster65

Commander

These forums are fabulous and I like and appreciate them. I'm with ya' KG :)

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Include my vote for the site and the Mods. Great job all way round.<br /><br />Dave..

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've been to a couple other forums and always come back here...here we've got JB and Barbara Dee and a host of others that always add something to brighten the day or resolve a frustrating issue...the conversation is interesting or stimulating and some of the pics take the day.<br /><br />To heck with the rest, come here to Iboats for the best.<br /><br />I gotta lay off the espresso this late...

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'll never understand why people get worked up. Just don't read it. There is no gun to your head . . . Also, IMHO, DC is just that. Stuff that you could imagine yourself discussing with friends while sittin' on the dock. I talk politics with my friends, as well as puzzles, food, the cosmos, where did the cosmos come from etc. etc. etc.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> Stuff that you could imagine yourself discussing with friends while sittin' on the dock. I talk politics with my friends, as well as puzzles, food, the cosmos, where did the cosmos come from etc. etc. etc.
Ya, and why is there air?<br /><br /><br />Aldo.... that gif is killing me! :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey all, the only ones 'biatching' here are the 'moderates' who have no stomach for strong medicine and the liberals, who when presented with the truth, react like Dracula when you stick a silver cross in his face! :p

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

I've been away for a few days, also, KaGee. I thought the same thing about all the bellyacheing going on. Lets all be sure to support the good folks that are paying the bills for us here. Our patronage is payback to them for a very enjoyable place to hang out.