Nor'Easter

Fly Rod

Commander
:) Here we are 3/4 thru the month of May and here on Cape Ann we are in the middle of having not one, not two, but three "Nor'Easters in a row, that will end late Thursday!!! Winds to 50-60 kts. prdicted for tonite through Thursday and heavy rains!!! We are also having 15-20+ foot seas!!!<br /><br />The mouth of the Merrimack River has already claimed one sail boat,no life lost and a few have broken from their moorings around the boating communities!!!<br /><br />Cape Anns back shore is the place to travel to see the 15-20+ foot waves smashing aganist the rocky shore line!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nor'Easter

I hear ya FR.<br />Ain't having no Nor'eaters, but having plenty rain and storms.<br /><br />Just now got 2 of my gardens tilled up today.<br />Shocked me it wasn't any wetter than it was.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Summer is here at The Hideout.<br /><br />Only 98* now, but been over 100* last 3 days.

gaugeguy

Captain

Just be thankful it isn't February FlyRod, we'd be buried up to our necks in snow ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We are getting wind gust around 41kts.!!!<br />Took a ride around the shore and only one lobsta trap was sitting on the main road, some small stones, a lot of sea foam, looks like whipped cream along the sea shore!!!!!<br /><br />Yup!! Lucky this isn't Febuary!!!<br /><br />I hear ya Ralph!!! My boat isn't even in the water!!! Hopefully we will get into some fine weather after all this!!!! ;) :cool:

Ralph 123

Captain

If we drop about another 8 - 10 degrees we may actually see snow...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Suddenly the Mid West looks OK. We all get our turn. Hope it is brief New England.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Was hiking and camping over weekend in NH and woke up to snow. Hmmm...even with boat ready for water....looks like another later first launch of the season!!!<br /><br />MAYBE by the weekend she'll be floating. (and NOT in the yard!!!)<br />*crosses fingers*<br /><br />-JustMrWill

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Suddenly the Mid West looks OK. We all get our turn. Hope it is brief New England.
We've been stuck in the same weather pattern for over a month now, rain-rain-rain. The back to back Nor'easters we had/are having are just icing on this crappy cake.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LMAO @ Elmer Fudge.... :D <br /><br />92* on my patio, in the shade... 100+ in my shop today...

Ralph 123

Captain

Anyone know when we can expect this Global Warming thing to kick in? :rolleyes:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Anyone know when we can expect this Global Warming thing to kick in? :rolleyes:
EL Nino was blocked at the border by the minute men :p :D

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't think global warming is going to save us. It seems the past few years here in NH we have had 4 seasons - summer, fall, winter, and rainy season. We don't have spring anymore. When rainy season end expect HOT HOT HOT with afternoon thunder boomers.<br /><br />The indian summer we had a few years back was nice. The entire month of september had summer weather.

Ralph 123

Captain

waveea05262005.jpg
<br />A huge wave crashes onto Winthrop Shore Drive. (Staff photo by Mark Garfinkel)<br /><br />Dude, where’s the ark? Nor'easter pummels Bay State coastal towns<br />By Jessica Fargen<br />Thursday, May 26, 2005<br /><br />A woman on crutches was rescued from her home in a boat, a broken sea wall endangered homes and basements and streets were flooded yesterday as a late-season nor'easter brought the hammer down on the Bay State. <br /> <br /> At its peak, 8,500 people statewide were without power, winds gusted up to 50 mph and coastal backyards turned into ponds. <br /> <br /> In Scituate, waves crashed over two-story homes on Oceanside Drive, leaving behind shells, rocks and debris. Lawns were covered with water at high tide. <br /> <br /> You couldn't see the top of the mailbox,'' said Kathleen Lang-Ruggiero, who lives on the street. <br /> <br /> The worst of the nor'easter was expected to hit last night and rain is expected to continue through Monday. <br /> <br /> Yesterday, the South Shore seemed to be pummeled hardest, although parts of the North Shore saw some flooding. Oceanside Drive in Scituate was particularly hard hit. <br /> <br /> A woman on crutches was rescued at 2 a.m. yesterday by a firefighters with a rubber boat. She called 911 to complain about the smell of gas in her home, which was surrounded by water. <br /> <br /> Another woman abandoned her car on the street and left it, headlights on, in the road. <br /> <br /> She thought she could get through,'' said the woman's mother as she waited for a tow truck. <br /> <br /> In Marshfield, an aging sea wall was undermined when the sand below began to give way, menacing two pricey homes on Bay Avenue on Green Harbor. Large boulders were used to buffer the homes. <br /> <br /> Several home owners off Quincy Shore Drive in Quincy pumped water out of their basements. <br /> <br /> I looked out at the driveway and water was pouring down like the Mississippi River,'' said Frank Darche, whose backyard on Chickatabot Road in Quincy looked like a pond. <br /> <br /> On Winthrop Shore Drive in Winthrop, about 100 people, in cars and on foot, watched the storm. Drivers passing by Short Beach navigated around splashing waves. <br /> <br /> One man surfed at Winthrop Beach, despite the monster waves and a high-wind advisory. <br /> <br /> Sewer systems in Winthrop backed up, a large tree fell and several low-lying streets were flooded, said Dave Hickey, director of public works.

Realgun

Commander

I thought Easter was over and done with.<br /><br />Wow lots and lots of water think you might send some our way? No wait it been so warm the last few days the snows melting too fast and flooding us.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Rain every day! Well, finally today it appears that we will have a clear day here Vermont! Only one but clear. <br /><br />Bob

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

you guys stop moaning ,try living in Scotland ,like the eskimos have 30 words for "snow" we have for rain