NOR'EASTER!!!

Fly Rod

Commander
:) That ther Nor'Easter is a howling!!! Having gust to over 50mph!!! Already has dropped over 24" of the white powder!!! "Glad this isn't a heavy snow"!!! In front of my front entrance door the drift is about 4' high since it is in an L shaped area, go about 8' into the drive way and there is almost bare ground on 1/2 the drive way and tapers up to about 4' towards the neigbors!! Keep in mind that my drive way is about 26' wide and 40' deep from the road!!! The snow blower will have it's work out this morning!!! Gonna give the neigbors about another hour before I start her up!!! Hope to take the Mrs. to see the ocean this after noon!!! As ya can see, haven't lost the power, "YET"!!!! You have to give them power crews lots of credit when they go out in these conditions to put the power back on!!!! ;) :cool:

one more cast

Captain
Re: NOR'EASTER!!!

Most of it stayed just below us. I have about...I'll go measure.. 14 inches on my deck. The sno-cam is about 25 miles as the crow flys NE of me and it looks like only about 4-5 inches there.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I'm on roughly the same line as the sno-cam but there are mountains between us. I guess last night I got about 4-5" here in VT. Light fluffy stuff not too bad at all. I guess I have about 10-12" in the yard.<br /><br />I'm kinda enjoying the mild winter. Now where is that January thaw we always encounter?<br /><br />Bob

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This just in, Boston, Ma. got 8", yes 8" in 1hr and 15 minutes :eek:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We are about 36 miles from boston and we have about 28" of the fluffy white stuff!!! <br />just finished snowblowing,took 3-1/2 hrs.<br />With the wind howling, looks like I'll have to be out there at about 2:00pm again with all the drifting!!!<br />As long as we don't lose our power we will be able to watch the Patriots!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Pats Win, Roads will be clear. It has to be a good day in NE. Only 6" in Fort Wayne, predicted 12-14" I am sensing a aura of sensationalism on the Weather Channel! Pats by 10 SB Sunday.

LadyFish

Admiral

Yikes :eek: look at this street in Boston.<br />
capt.mamd10301231953.winter_storm_mamd103.jpg

gaugeguy

Captain

I got about 20" and the snowmobile is loving it. Some places in Mass got over 3'!!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Nice picture, Ladyfish !!!<br />39" here on Cape Ann :D Many of the side streets are just one lane including mine!!! :eek: <br />I have a U-shaped deck with 3 slidiing doors!! Yesterday by mid day 2 were blocked by 7ft. drifts and today because of the wind there is only 2' of snow on the deck!!! You could see the wind pick up the snow like a tornado effect, wish it would have done that to the driveway!!! We never lost power and the "PATRIOTS WON"!!!<br /><br />One sad note: In boston while parents were shoveling out their driveway,their children,one 10year old & a 5 year old climbed into the family car while it was running and the 10 year old died from carbon monoxide,the 5 year old is going to be fine!!! Snow was blocking the exhaust!!!

KennyKenCan

Commander

22 inches of snow on Long Island!<br /><br />This is my house...<br /><br />
f55a5eb7.jpg

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

We got about 15" in westerm NJ Thank God the snowblower came in the week before. I hate this crud. Need to move south.

DC698

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got about 25-26" in my neck of the woods here in Mass. With 4-5ft drifts! Couldnt see my deck out the back slider door because of the snow drift blocking the view. Like gaugeguy said, the snowmobiles are loving it -- finally!!