NooB Help With Crestliner Angler 14

beerpilot

Cadet
I just purchased a well used 1999 Crestliner Angler 14 for $800 from an estate sale. The boat has been in the water most of it's life as the guy who had it (and also me) have a slough in our back yards, I don't even have a way to get it out of the water.

It was pretty full of rain water, I pumped out what was on top of the wood/carpet deck. I need to get under the deck to get the water from there.

Unfortunately the bilge pump does not work, but the livewell pump works, not much use though except to prove the the electrical system works to some degree. In the pictures you can see the pumps, the one I believe is the bilge pump was floating on top of the water and broken off of the hose that goes somewhere.

What I was hoping to do is remove the wood deck towards the back so I can get underneath and fix things. There were a few screws holding it down but the deck won't budge after removing them.

I am wondering of the lockers along each side are built on top of the deck and holding it down. That is a question I would sure appreciate an answer from you guys. If that is the case it's going to be very difficult getting underneath the deck to fix the plumbing.

One last question, does anyone know where I could find the hull number on a 1999 Crestliner? Supposedly there's one stamped somewhere out of the way inside the hull. The hull numbers stuck to the bow are partially missing and very faded, impossible to read. We also have a pink slip missing problem that I have to resolve, pretty sure I'll need the hull ID for that.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Crestliner-inside-01-s.jpg
    Crestliner-inside-01-s.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 16
  • Crestliner-inside-02-s.jpg
    Crestliner-inside-02-s.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Crestliner-inside-05-s.jpg
    Crestliner-inside-05-s.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 16

dwco5051

Commander
The HIN (Hull Identification Number) should be outside on the left side of the transom. This differs from the state registration numbers stuck on the bow. Think of it as the difference between the VIN and the license plate number on a vehicle. Until you get all the paperwork together for a transfer don't put a lot of time and money into the boat since in some states it can be a long tedious task. They make inexpensive hand operated bailing pumps to remove the remaining water. Once it becomes officially yours you do have one of the few boats that are easy to repair from water damage.

beerpilot

Cadet
The hull number was exactly where you said it would be. There is still someone alive from the couple who owned the boat, I'm hoping she can provide the pink slip. Unfortunately the boat was her husbands and most of the knowledge went with him. At least I should be able to get a signed bill of sale if necessary.

Thanks for your response.

beerpilot

Cadet
I don't really know what's required yet, just getting started on the whole thing. It's California so I'm assuming it will be as painful as a government bureaucracy can possibly make it. Nothing seems to be easy in this State.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Painful but doable in some states, just painful in some...