no water!

no1shep

Cadet
today i started my 4.3 mercruiser after a long set -up. i had a water pump installed before the lay up. the motor started fine,as i was looking at the out drive ,i noticed ..no water coming from the exhaust port. i let it run for approx. 5 mins. till the temp . gauge started to move . still no water exhausting so ,i shut it down. my question is, does it need to run longer for the thermostat to open or should i see water flowing immediately? which water pump would be the cause of no flow?the one in the lwr.unit or the one on the engine? thanks for any help.

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: no water!

tony i have no knowledge about I/O's, but you prolly want to repost this in the proper forum where you will more than likely get the help from experts in that area that may not surf the non engine topics.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

welcome to the forum, tony! now don't take offense, it's just traditional to razz the new member whose first Stupid Human Trick is to post an engine question in Stupid Human Tricks. (sorry, I can't help with your I/O either)<br /> :p :p :p

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> welcome to the forum, tony! now don't take offense, it's just traditional to razz the new member whose first Stupid Human Trick is to post an engine question in Stupid Human Tricks. (sorry, I can't help with your I/O either)<br /> :p :p :p
LOL :p