No water out of pee holes??

cjmike

Cadet
Hi everyone,:) I just repaired the rubber bellows where the exhaust comes out, it was leaking under the cover and starving my carbs. I just test ran it in the yard with the motor in a big tote box full of water but no water was coming out of the 2 small holes on the leg of the motor anymore?? is this normal while idling? the motor did seem to be running a bit hot and i turned it off within a minute. I did test run it before today and water was spitting out of the holes. I was also checking my linkage and moving the throttle cables back and forth before i started it today, anyone have any ideas, i was planning on putting it in the water tonight. thanks

ztim

Chief Petty Officer
Re: No water out of pee holes??

Was the water high enough on the foot?

cjmike

Cadet

ya, water level was above the intake holes:)

cjmike

Cadet

gonna try again, should be cooled off by now. on the positive side at least it started and idles with the cover on now :redface:

gjm

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You need to submerge the lower unit up to if not over the water pump/impeller to get good water flow out the two exhaust holes. Try two large strong trash bags inside each other, with the tub under them. Fill tub with water,then the trash bags to the highest water level possible.

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

It should come out the 2 holes at idle, I run mine in a big tote also and it does give it enough water depth