No Tell Tale.....Why?????

kirkland

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Will try.....Scott....you near Black.....headed there june 11-26.....can't wait......anyway....i checked the tell tale and removed the hose from the fitting but will check again after some "Hot Air" :) again thanks for the help...i'll keep you all advised...anybody have any idea why there would have been sticky stuff inside telltale fitting.....it looked/felt like carpet adhesive..anyway off to check with air..<br /><br />Thanks Jeff

kirkland

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Tell Tale.....Why?????

Okay here we go. Impeller new last year... but after winter no tell tale.....unit had tell tale after replacement..but after sitting no tell tale...water is coming out of exhaust. i took small nail and forced it up tell tale port came back out with some sticky stuff on end of nail but still no water.....then i removed the hose form back of tell tale fitting still no water .....new water pump kit on it's way....but i don't think this is the issue...any thoughts from the group as to what i should check.... Thanks

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: No Tell Tale.....Why?????

Hi DEIFan,<br /> I'd try some compressed air back through the telltale. It's not uncommon for the passages leading to the telltale tube to clog up...<br />- Scott

kirkland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Should i run something(liquid) through the cooling systems to help prevent or remove anything that might clog this up....

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Insects will get in the tubing and build what to them is "home".

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Hi DEIFan,<br /> I'm less than an hour from Black Lake, between Clayton and Alexandria Bay...<br /> Not much you can really run through the system - just run it in some clear water for a bit and keep flushing it out if it clogs up...<br /> I'm inclined to agree with SoLittle that someone from the 6-8 legged world thought your motor's cooling system looked cozy...<br />- Scott

kirkland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

YEP.....Took off the hose running from block to telltale fitting and blew as hard as i could ....no air movement ....I ran coathanger down through tube and freed the blockage,, put it all back together and worked like a charm....nice steady and strong...I now have another question but being its a different subject I will start a new post as not to muddy the waters....<br /><br />Thanks again to all