No sparks from 1 and 3....

kingbingy

Cadet
After a few test I was able to determine that numbers 1 and 3 were not firing. So I tested the coils on all seems to be working after swapping wires around. What seems to be the problem is the c-d units. What is weird is that both c-d unit (Which are blue) have what I would call two channels on each unit. But one of the channels on both c-d units are not sending power to the coils. So my question is "Can both CD units have one channel bad on both? What are the odds. That is too weird for both to be bad. But I see in the book that there is a trigger, does this supply power to the c-d units? Or does the the stator supply power to the cd units. What I will do tonight is check the juice coming from the stator. There are four lines, so I am assuming that each lines are for each cylinder. <br /><br />So if I test stator and only 2 of the 4 lines are getting juice then I would say that the stator is bad.<br /><br />Any ideas would be great. Because I wouldn't want to buy some c-d units (Which are over 200 bucks a piece, which I may need two)when I don't really need them.<br /><br />P.S. I also can't find the serial number for my motor. That is giving me hard times, since I need that to figure out what parts I need to order.

mattldrive

Recruit
Re: No sparks from 1 and 3....

i had similar problem it ended up being one of those little wires on the bracket attached to motor.try swapping the wires on the cd module the same way just to test.check all those little wires on the bracket.

kingbingy

Cadet
Re: No sparks from 1 and 3....

Turned out to be two bad cd units. I ordered one (since they are so expensive) to test if it was indeed the cd units and indeed it was cd unit. So I then made changes to the other cd unit and both units had one bad port. So i placed the new one to cylinders 3 and 4. I then put one of the boxes to cylinder 2, and the other box on cylinder 1. So instead of having 2 cd boxes I have 3 of them, one that is pumping power to 2 cylinders and the other two boxes pumping to one cylinder each. I have them plugged into the right trigger/ stator spots as if I only had two cd units and now getting firing to all cylinders.